Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing not working with update to app 4

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lauravet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last week we were forced to update to the App 4 version. Since then geofencing has not worked on any phones. We have uninstalled/reinstalled apps on phones. We have deleted and reinstalled automations for geofencing. We have scanned the wifi for disruptions. We have checked location services on all the phones and they are all set up as they should be. Some phones are iphones and some are android. None of them are working. There was no issue with geofencing before the app upgrade. Is there a fix for this? Arlo support just keep giving me bull**bleep** stuff to try and none of it is working.

5 REPLIES 5
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am assuming these are shared devices on the account correct? Are all the phones showing feed or library? 

Lauravet
Aspirant
Aspirant

They are all shared devices with location services set to ALWAYS and PRECISE LOCATION. All phones can see the feed and devices when they log on. When I look at available Geofenced devices they all appear on the list. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is some steps to set up the Geofencing. It is a tad different in the new user interface.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062942/How-do-I-add-a-Schedule-Automation-to-my-Arlo-system

Lauravet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done all this. Arlo are saying it is set up correctly but apparently it is still not working. Either the homebases are recognising the phones or the automation is not working.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.