Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing continues to get worse

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Require2272
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first bought my arlo system and setup geofencing and the automations worked flawlessly. When I left the fence the system immediately changed to away and when I arrived it switched back quickly.

Now it seems with each passing day the geofencing has gotten worse and worse. It started with delays in realizing I was leaving or arriving. Then in addition to the delays it would start randomly changing me to away or home even when I was only sitting still on the couch in the house.

Now it is to the point that the geofencing doesn't work at all. I just left the house for an hour, went over 5 miles away, came back, and the system never changed from being set to "Home".

My automations are simple, I have one for leaving and one for arriving. When both my wife and I leave, it should set to away, when any one person arrives, the system should set to home.

We only have the arlo app one our Every day carry device (phone) so its not a matter of a device with the app being left in the house.

Both phones are Google Pixels (7a & 6a) running android 14 and the latest arlo mobile app. I've followed all the troubleshooting steps listed here. I've tried changing the fence size from small (my original setting) to medium & large, it makes no difference.

This and the motion alerts are really all i care about feature wise in a camera system. It is extremely disappointing to see the geofencing go from impressively responsive to to absolute trash in the span of two weeks.

What gives? This seems to be a common complaint with Arlo.

4 REPLIES 4
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this with Geofencing?

Require2272
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes though it is more intermittent now.

It will work great for days then have a spat of several days where I have to manually trigger home and away modes because the geofence doesnt work. Then without me doing anything in particular it will start to work again.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing that information. We are currently looking into it, I will post an update as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing the same behavior with the Geofencing?