Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Duplicate Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have an issue whereby the two cameras on my system duplicate themselves and render geofencing useless. I cannot find any reference to a similar problem in KB or forum. If I delete the duplicate cameras in privacy settings geo fencing works properly, however the duplicate  cameras will return. When the duplicate phones are present, If I set arrive automation to anyone arrive or everbody leave, the system will go into standby as it should when both phones arrive,  But it will not arm when the two phones leave. I  have tried every troubleshooting thing I can. Deleted accounts and started again. Changed phones, reset the entire system etc. I have tried dealing with your support staff who always say they will get back to me and they never do. I have two iPhones running the latest iOS. I have 1 Essential camera with spotlight. 2 second generation essential cameras with spotlights and 1  video doorbell 2 with a chime 2. Without geofencing the system is useless. With the old app and one essential camera with a hub, geo fencing worked fine. With the new essential 2 cameras the new Arlo secure app, geofencing has had issues. I have attached screenshots of what I see. Remember I only have two phones on the account yet it shows four. Duplicate copies of the two phones. 

Homevale1_0-1703554348332.png

Homevale1_1-1703554348333.png

Sent from my iPhone

21 REPLIES 21
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is anyone able to provide contact details for Arlo support at their Californian Head Office?  I don’t have much faith in the support provided through the app. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

 After I delete the duplicate cameras I get these screenshots and geo fencing works fine. 

IMG_4094.png

IMG_4093.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Is anyone able to provide contact details for Arlo support at their Californian Head Office?  I don’t have much faith in the support provided through the app. 

You need to use the app.

Just wondering - do you have two SIMs active in your iPhones?  It looks like you have duplicated phones showing up (not duplicated cameras).

Retired_Member
Not applicable

One sim in each phone. Standard iPhone SE. The cameras are not being duplicated just the phones. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes I know I am forced to use the app but they promise to follow up but never do. I cannot get anyone to help me. Surely someone in head office can help when required.  They like to take the subscription money. All I want is some assistance. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Yes I know I am forced to use the app but they promise to follow up but never do. 

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) in hopes that they can assist.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you. I have used Arlo cameras for some years now. Under the old app GF worked fine with two phones. I have a good understanding of the app. I have tried everything with no success. Thanks for your help. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable
My open support request is 43837246. They have gone quiet.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Support have contacted me. I have sent them logs and network information.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I am no closer to working out what is going here. I cannot recall buying a product that has been so problematic. As a customer I have no where to turn for help. The shop where I purchased the cameras have no ability to assist so I have no option other than the Arlo support system. I repeat myself and they don’t read what I send them. Having had a perfectly good system that worked under the old app I now have a useless system.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It takes a few days to go over the logs and network information that was received. As well as we were closed for the holidays. Please allow a little more time for the rep to reach back out to you after looking into the information you provided. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

That is ok and understandable however it is obvious that customer support has a first language that is not English. I find that I have to repeat myself and find that customer support don’t always read what I have said and expressing how upset they are for my problems. However, it is up to customer support to tell me about their availability. I have also experienced negative support before the Christmas period. I am now using a new account as I reset everything and started a new account to try and solve my problems. Did not work. All I want to know is why my two phones on the account duplicate themselves and break GF. Arlo need to admit there is major problems with the new app and UI. I had no issues with the old app and from reading through your forum, lots of other people have expressed the same view. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

PS I have selected to be emailed when I receive a reply in this forum. Does not work. I have to physically check my account to see if there has been a reply. I don’t understand why I can’t speak with techs from the Californian office. As I said I will not let this rest and if my problem cannot be solved I will seek redress using Australian consumer law. The product used to work and now it doesn’t. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/arlo-australia

This is your ratings from a popular Australian review site. Mine is the latest entry. You have major issues with your customer support. Do the people in head office know this?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Here’s a few more reviews. The lack of customer service seems to be the common thread. 
https://au.trustpilot.com/review/arlo.com

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I see that I received a call from San Jose in the US today, maybe this was from Arlo. I  cannot make or receive international calls. If someone has tried to call me can they please send an email instead. Thanks. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

OK. I just returned the call to Arlo number ending 3750. I heard an automated message referring me to the support section in the app. Obviously they can call me but I can’t call them. I will look forward to an email. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

This is my first post in a month. I continued with the support chat but now they have gone quiet. GF does not work at all. I have added comments to my support case so it is not closed. There has been no resolution at all. The phones still duplicate themselves and GF does not work. I am stil paying the full monthly subscription for a service that is only half working. No wonder the Arlo ceo makes such a a healthy salary. I now just do everything manually and pay Arlo AU $12.99 for the privilege. What a joke this company is. My next stop will be consumer affairs in Australia to seek redress for failure to provide assistance or a service. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to support. I will provide an update soon. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

It takes a few days?  More like a few months. As of 20 March I have heard nothing. Did the logs show anything? I don't know. I am beyond pissed off. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to support and they stated they reached out to you. Please follow up with the support emails.