Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does cancelling the subscription end the current one?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloUser2673
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm currently on a subscription as pictured below. If I cancel it now, does the subscription immediately end? Or it stays active till 20 Dec? Cheers!

Screenshot_20231124_133213_Arlo Secure.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUser2673 wrote:

I'm currently on a subscription as pictured below. If I cancel it now, does the subscription immediately end? Or it stays active till 20 Dec? 

It remains active until the next renewal period (20 Dec in your case).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I would suggest that you should be more concerned that arlo will keep charging you after you cancel the subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUser2673 wrote:

I'm currently on a subscription as pictured below. If I cancel it now, does the subscription immediately end? Or it stays active till 20 Dec? 

It remains active until the next renewal period (20 Dec in your case).

ArloUser2673
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do you say that? Is that a known mistake/issue that Arlo regularly commits? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUser2673 wrote:

Why do you say that?

See https://kb.arlo.com/1215141/How-do-I-change-or-cancel-my-Arlo-subscription-plan

You can continue to use the subscription until your account automatically closes at the end of your current billing period. 

ArloUser2673
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was actually replying to DannyBearAgain. I also forgot to say thank you for your first (and now second) reply! 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@ArloUser2673 

Regards the warning about being charged after canceling the subscription.

There has been regular posts about this by unhappy users who have discovered that arlo has been charging their credit cards after the subscription has been canceled. Some have said they have charged for more than 12 months after they review their CC statements.

The reason for this occurring has never been addressed publicly by arlo so with a cancellation of the subscription you loose access to the arlo customer support system while you dispute the false charges with your bank.

ArloUser2673
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DannyBearAgain 

Oh wow, that's concerning. I've just cancelled the subscription, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for any future charges by Arlo. Thanks for the heads up! 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@ArloUser2673 

Yes, good luck.

I recall one user posting that arlo did stop the charging only to find that they started up again a few months later.