Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Log Into Website: "THE REQUEST TIMED OUT"

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

This just started happening today, but it's happening ALL DAY. I have not had any problems logging into the Arlo site from Mac Chrome Desktop until I cleared all my cookies and had to re-enter the 2FA code sent to my email.

Once I enter the code and press the "TRUST" button, it throws up a red "NO INTERNET CONNECTION" and then a yellow 'THE REQUEST TIMED OUT" repeatedly, not allowing me into the site to see my own videos.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, and I have been able to log into the Arlo site without issue multiple times a day, every day until now.

The only way i can get into the site is to click on the "DON'T TRUST" button, but then, obviously, I need the 2FA every time I log in.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS?!?!? THE 2FA DISASTER HAS BEEN BAD ENOUGH OVER THE PAST TWO YEARS, BUT THIS IS A NEW LEVEL OF INEPTITUDE BY ARLO!!!

4 REPLIES 4
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would also add that I can use the Android app without any problems, logging in and out as I please, so this would not appear to be an account-specific issue. But the idea that I now cannot log into the website from the desktop is ridiculous and unacceptable!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @arlo-user123 

Thank you for letting me know. Is this still occurring as of now? 

PrairieBoy2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very similar thing happened to me.  I bought a new router, set it up with a new SSID and password.  Worked for a couple of days but I can't access my cameras through the Arlo app while connected to wifi now.  I can't even access the Arlo website without logging into my VPN.  It's ridiculous.  It's the only app and website I'm having problems with on my new router.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PrairieBoy2023

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.