Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cride1
Tutor
Tutor

I cancelled my subscription in December but I am still got charged in January. I need my subscription canceled right away and a credit for January. 

Anybody have any insight on how to contact this company?  Crazy that you can pick up a phone and call them.

120 REPLIES 120
billingconcern
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,  I have been charged incorrectly on 2/3/23  fro $65.30 and have cancelled my subscription years. Please credit my Amex and no longer bill me.  

02/03/2023ARLOTECHNOLOGIES INC408-638-3750        CA65.30168964886  168964886        
ARLOTECHNOLOGIES INC
408-638-3750
CA
168964886        10019
ARLOTECHNOLOGIES INC408-638-3750        CA
Cride1
Tutor
Tutor

Obviously I meant you CAN’T call an actual person at Arlo…

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

MTwig
Initiate
Initiate

@BrookeN 

If you want an example of the terrible support I'm referring to check out this "helpful" reply from the ticket that was opened for me...

"We're sorry to hear that your recording stopped and yet the charge continuously appeared on your account. Please note that your plan came with free technical support that would've assisted you to bring back your recordings had you contacted us when this happened.

As the plan remained active, the charges have stayed . Unless cancelled, the plan will be active on your account. You are currently subscribed to Arlo Secure Single Camera plan - monthly."

So are you telling me when I canceled my subscription and the recordings stopped, my card kept getting charged so I was paying for "technical support" that I should have called to tell your company they were charging my card in error?  So this is my fault for not catching your companies mistake?  And the kicker is that with all this, the account is still apparently active on a monthly plan, even though we have spent hours on the phone to cancel and get the charges reversed?!?

Really unclear and unhelpful "customer service."  Looks like I'll never see that money again.  Makes me suspicious that a company like this is making it so hard to refund $60.  God forbid they make an error that costs more! Seems like my only option is to put this on as many review boards as possible so that it doesn't happen to anyone else.

JustAsking
Guide
Guide

That's it, I'm done. Cameras haven't worked right since day 1 over 40 days ago. Zero help from technical support other than the suggestion to "uninstall and reinstall" over and over again. 

There are literally 11 people right here saying Arlo is stealing their money. I was hacked for the first time in my life less than 10 days after signing up with Arlo and I was directed to a nefarious Arlo website/phone number where scammers proceeded to try and take over control of my phone.

At this point I'm convinced this company is some kind of training grounds for hackers and thieves or something. They don't provide the service they sell and they don't provide any help. For 40 days they've said, "we'll call you back" and haven't called back once. They offered a free 30 days subscription but guess what, they demand my credit card info to get the promo. 

Returning $600.00 worth of worthless arlo equipment and canceling all subscriptions. 

JustAsking
Guide
Guide

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling again?

JustAsking
Guide
Guide

No one else thinks it's suspect that you can't talk to a technical support agent on the phone without having a subscription that requires billing information such as credit card and address?

This obviously provides a financial incentive to create glitchy software that requires technical support.

JustAsking
Guide
Guide

maybe they should try uninstalling and reinstalling their credit card, right? Give me a break...maybe the company should just stop stealing from people 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I suspect that as this overcharging has been occurring over a long time period, it has now become entrenched in the arlo company’s revenue department and so makes any correction embarrassing.

From what I have seen reading from users comments who have canceled subscriptions is,

Annual subscriptions cannot be refunded.

Arlo customer support agents are only allowed to refund up to single monthly payment.

To try and get a multiple monthly refund, you need to seek an arlo employee here on this forum who can open a case number with a two week auto expiration.

Cride1
Tutor
Tutor

I was finally able to talk to a person at Arlo yesterday.  They tried to tell me that I cancelled during a billing cycle, but I know that was not the case.  They have processed a refund to us so we will see if that actually happens or not.  

I had good luck with sending them DM in both Facebook and Instagram.  I had responses fairly quickly.  They certainly don't want you airing this issue on their socials.  So, if you are having issues getting attention, I would start there.  My issue was handles within 90 mins or so hours after sending them a message.  The Facebook message got the quickest attention.  Now I wait the 5 to 7 days to see the refund and see if they try it again next month.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MTwig  I have escalated your ticket. Support should be reaching out to you soon. 

FuelNoMore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cancelled my sub in December as well, but I still see myself being charged last month. Anyone can help?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

johndonohoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same problem, and cannot get through to any one! Please help me!!!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Cheyann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am being charged even though I don’t have a plan any more. Because I don’t have an active plan it won’t let me call support. Can I get someone to call me please

Youyour
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please help me cancel my primary account! I have no access to it because I don’t have the email. But I have a subscription so please call me at my primary account number 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

srseragland
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cancelled my subscription in June 2022, it is February 2024 and I am still being charged. I've tried to escalate and get ahold of someone but I have been unsuccessful
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

lynn_c_Y
Aspirant
Aspirant
I canceled my subscription in december but I keep getting small monthly charges, even though I have no subscription. How do I get them to stop and refunded? I don't want to dispute all of them because I know it costs the company $50 per dispute and I want to give them a chance to fix it first. Can anybody help?
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

itsashlyperez
Initiate
Initiate

Dear Arlo, 

I cannot cancel my subscription despite reading your articles and following all the steps. When I go to "my subscriptions" it says I am not subscribed to an Arlo Secure or Arlo Safe plan and therefore there is nothing to cancel, yet I am getting charged $12.99 a month to my AMEX card. 

And because my account says "I am not subscribed to a service" despite being charged, I cannot speak to a live agent to get this issue resolved. 

I hate escalating issues on a public forum, but if someone from Arlo does not contact me in a timely manner I will be reporting Arlo to the BBB for predatory business practices. This is absolutely terms for a lawsuit. Arlo please resolve this immediately. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

itsashlyperez
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you. Will they be reaching out via email or via this forum?