Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cride1
Tutor
Tutor

I cancelled my subscription in December but I am still got charged in January. I need my subscription canceled right away and a credit for January. 

Anybody have any insight on how to contact this company?  Crazy that you can pick up a phone and call them.

120 REPLIES 120
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Problem is that it's probably a recurring problem. So, although you can dispute the charge, buying a new subscription, by the sounds of it, is going to cause the same problem.

Arlo is a in mess!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

Problem is that it's probably a recurring problem.

The credit card company will reach out to Arlo, and that is a different pathway from normal customer support.  Not sure if that will result in the subscription finally showing up in the account, or whether Arlo will just cancel everything.  But it will at least stop the recurring charges.

Of course most people don't run into this when subscribing (or cancelling), so I wouldn't assume it would happen again on a second attempt.  That could happen, but might not.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached back out to support. We were closed for the holidays so we are working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone. Someone will get ahold of you soon. We appreciate your patience.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@NZWJ I have reached out to support, someone will get ahold of you shortly. 

Aimeh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I've been facing the same issue for weeks! My (2) Arlo Pro 2 security cameras were working fine one day (Dec. 2023), the next, everything was shut down. I tried for weeks to find a way to speak with a live agent (like how EASY and accessible customer service used to be), and/or find a way to send an email but....NOTHING!

I thought purchasing the minimum plan would set me up to be able to connect with a live agent, but still...NOTHING! I purchased a plan in Dec. 2023, then tried every way possible to connect with a live agent but still nothing! I immediately canceled the plan I purchased, but never received a notification of cancellation. Then one month later, Jan. 2024, Arlo again charged my account. I spent this morning having to place a claim through Pay Pal, and have Arlo's access to my account stopped so they can't continue to charge me for a plan that (still) offers no access to a live customer service agent, or option to contact Arlo through email!

WHAT HAS HAPPENED to Arlo's great support center? Where did it go? Customer support used to be easily accessible, the agents were very helpful, informative, and kind, but now trying to get to a live agent from their site is like going down an endless rabbit hole! It's extremely disappointing! I've lost the use of my security cameras, and NO way to connect with live support to fix the problem. Arlo Technologies itself has now become..."The Problem"! 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

Meza69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with being billed after I cancelled my subscription.  Cannot reach ANYONE to help! 

forbes_k
Aspirant
Aspirant

I canceled my Arlo Secure subscription almost a year ago but I am still being charged. On my account it doesn't show that I have a subscription, so am not able to utilize the customer service feature, but my bank account is being drafted five bucks a month for something I cannot access, use, or cancel. I've tried every method of contacting Arlo and nothing works. This is the most mind-numbingly frustrating company I have ever dealt with.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Laurenapace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I sold my house last month and left my Arlo system for the new buyers. I followed the instructions for deleting my account and got a confirmation e-mail that my account was closed. However I am still being charged. Who can I contact? Chat AI said I’m not eligible for live support because I don’t have an account 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bmcgurl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am going through the same thing...i cancelled my subscription but they continue to charge me and it won't let me remove my credit card...I'm contacting the better business bureau...they are fraudulently charging my card!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

lostpigeon151
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem with this is that the billing cycle it tells me that it starts on the 24th of February, but it charged me immediately and I’ve only been 5 days into my monthly subscription, is there a way for me to either get the annual subscription pushed to the 24th or get a refund for the month that I’ve barely used? Thank you in advance!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

LawAMR78
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have Arlo cameras that are not in use. I have checked and we don't have a subscription but I am still being charged monthly for one. There is no number and live chat won't answer anything because they say I don't have a subscription. How do I get the monthly charge to stop? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

AlbertNM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cancelled my subscription on 1/25 because they were going to increase the rate, but I was charged on 1/28. But I don’t have access to my saved videos. So my plan is cancelled for me but still got charged. 

MTwig
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone had luck speaking to someone who is authorized to give a refund?  We canceled a monthly subscription for one of our cameras because we didn't need to save the recordings.  The recordings stopped, but we were charged for a year after the cancelation. They said they were only authorized to refund 1 month.  We went through 4 levels of callbacks from "supervisors" trying to get someone to authorize a refund from when we canceled and the recordings stopped, but kept getting charged.  The level of incompetence is astonishing (they even kept calling back the wrong phone number).   We've already spent over an hour on the phone trying to get just a $60 refund for an obvious error on their end. Has anyone had luck getting an issue like this resolved?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I can’t recall anyone having success with refunds since it is a win win for arlo to remove the service provided by the subscription and continue to rake in the money.

The only way I can see to prevent arlo from continued charges to your CC is to cancel it.

Arlo has not provided any path to resolve the overcharging issue or explanation on why this occurs.

This issue has been ongoing for years.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DannyBearAgain they can reach out to support or reach out via community and we can create tickets for them. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

And2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, I cancelled Arlo a long long time ago and just realized that I am still getting charged a $5 monthly fee and I cannot figure out how to cancel. I have probably incurred close to $100 in charges that I should not have. Please help and advise

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator