Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CVR - Feature Requests and Enhancements

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shadowy
Star
Star

Not sure if Arlo looks at posts anymore. But, we really need the CVR fixed and enhanced. Here is a list:

1. Ability to download video - makes no sense that you can download video with a paid service. You can download events. But, you can't download raw CVR footage. The whole point of CVR is to be able to review footage and download as needed. 

2. Need live scrubbing - My Nest/Google doorbell allows scrubbing allows you scroll though video. With Arlo, I have to move the head and guess where I want the video to stop. The player on this Arlo is painful. 

3. Need ability to smoothly do 10 seconds jumps  - Again, most video players have this ability. Trying to move back 10 or 15 seconds with this player almost in possible. 

I'm going to be cancelling my CVR service on my cameras most likely as this is just painful experience. 

To add, the new version app v4 is actually even worse. You can't even view the footage in Landscape on an iPhone. And, the timeline to move the video forward or back in the new mobile app v4 is missing. You have to move to portrait and move the video. Then flip back to landscape. What a mess. So, the experience is getting even worse.  Paying extra for this is really bad. 

1 REPLY 1
Snufsis
Tutor
Tutor

I totally agree with you! Arlo came from a home networking background where security wasn't an issue in the past. Today the Arlo system have som major drawbacks and I've seen no ambitions from Arlo trying to step up to a reasonable security hygiene level. It's a pity that review sites doesn´t consult professional security experts for their reviews. 

Some of the functionality I miss is:

1. Ability to download CVR footage within a defined time span.

2. Getting push notices / SMS / e-mail when there are no communication between a camera and its base station.

3. Getting push notices / SMS / e-mail when the app is not logged in anymore. This is essential as I get no alerts if not being logged in.