Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station access

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a question. I have 2 base stations/smart hubs. My concern is that someone outside of my home such as a neighbor, or any stranger can access my hubs because they appear as an available Wi-Fi network when I’m within range of my home. Even though they do require a password, I’m still very concerned because I don’t even have access to that password but I am afraid that if someone that knows about hacking or those types of things, would be able to guess the password. I called support but they’re not much help. Can anyone please help. I’m really paranoid about this because I have a feeling a neighbor has access to my cameras (we don’t get along) 

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The arlo Base station uses a closed wifi connection to the cameras so unlikely to be hacked although wifi jamming is a possibility for causing service disruptions.

That said your local router wifi is more likely to be targeted so regularly changing your router SSID and password is more important. Ensuring that you use suitable wifi security protection and blocking any guest access.

Chantal2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much 😊