Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo ultra new trial and paid subscription

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Tp2
Tutor
Tutor
I purchased the base and two Arlo Ultra cameras which come with the trial subscription. I was going on vacation for two months so the trial subscription was going to expire before I returned so I decided to pay for a subscription, thinking the paid subscription would kick in as soon as the trial subscription ended. But Arlo immediately started the subscription I paid full price for even though the trial subscription was in effect. So basically Arlo is charging me during the trial subscription period for the same two cameras. I contacted Arlo support and was told their system was set up like that because some customers add additional cameras. I told them that was not fair to customers like me and that their system already collects the serial numbers of each camera so they should refund the full price I paid for a subscription that was for the same two cameras covered by their free trial subscription.
15 REPLIES 15
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tp2
Tutor
Tutor
They say they’ve opened a support case but I haven’t heard from them since.
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why am I not suprised .....its the one thing their good at , how long since you spoke to them about ?  This new bad atitude is ruining what was a really good product but they really dont seem to care . 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Tp2 It has always been like that with a subscription overriding the trial. That is why I waited until a few days before it expired to sign up. Mabey support will help but the way it is now I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Tp2
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo pushing sales but not providing timely and fair support is going to ruin them as a company. If Arlo does not resolve this problem I will post my complaint on every website I can like Yelp and Google and any others I can find.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you actually cancel the trial subscription?  OR is it still in effect?

If the trial is still active, then cancel the paid subscription ASAP.  They will at least give you a pro-rated refund.

But if you actually chose to cancel the trial, then I think you are out of luck.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@StephenB wrote:

Did you actually cancel the trial subscription?  OR is it still in effect?

If the trial is still active, then cancel the paid subscription ASAP.  They will at least give you a pro-rated refund.

But if you actually chose to cancel the trial, then I think you are out of luck.

Even the mods confirmed the sub overrode that way unless something changed. but it is a good idea

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcfox1 wrote:

Even the mods confirmed the sub overrode that way unless something changed. but it is a good idea

The current behavior makes sense if you already have a subscription, and are just adding more cameras to it. Obviously not so much if you are expecting the system to convert the trial to paid.  

Tp2
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo support suggested I cancel the subscription I had paid for and they’d send refund but they prorated instead of refunding the full month, so I only received a little over one dollar back. They should have refunded the entire month.
Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

While we are talking about this would adding another smart hub while on a trial change anything cost wise ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Barney999 wrote:

While we are talking about this would adding another smart hub while on a trial change anything cost wise ?

It shouldn't.

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shouldnt or wont ......I feel a little uneasy Steve .....just to clarify further I have a 5000 but because of range have got hold of a 4500 .  I dont want mess up the trial as it has 9 months to go but I am struggling with one hub .

Barney999
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry meant to put I have a 5000 and now a 4540

Chuck968
Aspirant
Aspirant

Heads up to anyone wanting to run local storage.... it only allows the primary to view local storage (recorded videos). They want folks to subscribe to their cloud services. Arlo support said they would look into expanding any secondary user access to local recordings... This is the worst... As a result I would discourage anyone from getting any of these products.  Their Customer Service is really bad... you can see it throughout the community forum... do not deal with Arlo or any of their products..

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Chuck968  I agree it would be useful feature to add but it is not a hidden secret.

What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it? (arlo.com)