Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
CornishRattler
Star
Star

When in arm away mode all my devices show up, 2 Pro 4 and a video doorbell, however when in arm home mode only 1 camera shows up so I'm not getting any notifications from the doorbell or other camera. there seems to be no way of adding the devices to arm home mode?????

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CornishRattler wrote:

When in arm away mode all my devices show up, 2 Pro 4 and a video doorbell, however when in arm home mode only 1 camera shows up

What do you mean by "shows up"?

@CornishRattler wrote:

there seems to be no way of adding the devices to arm home mode?????

You can edit the rules for all three modes, so you can add the rules for the doorbell and the second camera to home mode if you wish.

CornishRattler
Star
Star

Only 1 camera is active on arm home. I can see no way of adding the other devices as the doorbell and other camera are not even listed as options to add them to arm home mode.

All 3 however show up as active on arm away mode. I have reset, removed and re-added them but still they do not appear as options to be added to arm home.

It's not great, moved from a ring system to this.....bad choice I fear

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CornishRattler wrote:

Only 1 camera is active on arm home. I can see no way of adding the other devices as the doorbell and other camera are not even listed as options to add them to arm home mode.

But they are all in Arm Away?  And you can make manual recordings while livestreaming on all the cameras?

CornishRattler
Star
Star

OK, it was me being an idiot. All sorted, apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for the attempted assistance

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@CornishRattler wrote:

It's not great, moved from a ring system to this.....bad choice I fear

I think the only reason this community isn't filled with people complaining about lack of function of  Secure is that they don't realize it. They "don't know what they don't know."

A buddy is thinking about a surveillance cam system. I showed him mine on my phone. He said "send me a link to Arlo", so he could shop for them.

As much trouble as everyone has with these things....people that are kinda savvy with how the system  operates and it's myriad "quirks"... I'm thinking now that he should get Ring cameras.

Get something that is "plug and play", not something that requires endless hours spent chasing their tails trying to gain the sympathetic ear of someone who can solve their problem. 

I wonder if Ring cameras have an instruction pamphlet, or if they are as non-intuitive as these things are. I wonder if they're easier to set up.?

I've had mine for probably a year, and just now tried to set up the Geofencing. It was a failure. It is so complicated and the process is not user friendly.  I have no idea if I did something wrong, or if it just doesn't work. 
  That the cameras work at all and do the basic job of recording video is a victory for me... trying to get the system to do something complicated, even though it's a function they tout....forget it.