Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app freezes on start up

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Bmartin
Guide
Guide

My app freezes on start up screen and hasn’t stopped for over a week. Nice security while I was on vacation. No support to fix it. Pretty much pointless to have if you want security when out of town. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bmartin
Guide
Guide

It is working now. I logged in on my computer is only thing that changed on my end today, then when I open app today it allowed the log in, then it Timed out so deleted app, now it’s working. 

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Bmartin
Guide
Guide

iPhone 13 and have deleted app and restarted phone 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both WiFi and cell service? Don't forget you can always use a browser, including a mobile one if set to use the desktop version of the site.

Bmartin
Guide
Guide

Yes I have tried on both Wi-Fi and cell service

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bmartin,

Do you receive any error messages? At what point does it freeze? Before or after you enter your login credentials?

JamesC

Bmartin
Guide
Guide

When it kicked me out the 1st time I tried to log in and it froze right after. Ever since then when I open the app it instantly freezes on blue screen with arlo logo and no option to log in. 

Bmartin
Guide
Guide

No error message 

Bmartin
Guide
Guide

It is working now. I logged in on my computer is only thing that changed on my end today, then when I open app today it allowed the log in, then it Timed out so deleted app, now it’s working. 

AHansen
Star
Star

I have the same problem.  Identical experience.  Stopped working yesterday.  When I attempt to start the app I see only the frozen blue screen.  Have tried rebooting and reinstalling app multiple times.  I have tried WiFI and cellular connections.  Have logged into my account through my computer.  Still does not work.  After reinstalling the app it does not ask for my password; simply freezes on start up. When not open, the app indicates I have one unseen video, which does not make sense if I have not logged in. 

Sweetsarahb
Tutor
Tutor

I’m in the same position. Deleted the app several times. Tried on laptop and phone browser. App just stuck on blue Home Screen.  How can I get it working ? 

Sweetsarahb
Tutor
Tutor

I have been in support chat hell and getting no where.  My arlo app was working on my iphone 14 pro max until Saturday.  Ever since the Arlo app has just been stuck on the blue home sceen, with no ability to log in.  The log in options at the bottom do not show.  (I zoomed out and in - didn't fix it).  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a dozen times.  My ios is up to date to 16.3.  I'm at a loss.  Support told me it was my phone and they couldn't help me.  But it is the only app not working on my phone!  I'm paying for this service and getting no security from it!  Any ideas?

rm5332
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem! For over two days my app has been frozen like this when I try to open it. I’ve tried everything multiple times: restarting phone, checking for updates, deleted and reinstalled app, offloading app, trying desktop. Nothing has worked and I’m frustrated that I cannot access my cameras 😕 How can this be resolved? 

Ladymeacham
Initiate
Initiate

App stuck on blue house screen. Tried everything recommended. Still not working!

Marcgadoua
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo app won’t load on my iPhone 13 Pro max, I have uninstalled, re started phone and installed app again still the same. Works on computer and another iPhone. I have latest apple software. attempterequest. Still unresolved. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marcgadoua,

What are you experiencing? Are you seeing an error message when trying to log in? What does it say?

JamesC

Marcgadoua
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I open it stay like this 

5A82D56A-2F9E-4445-8AEE-D4A0E9660DE8.png

AHansen
Star
Star

With the help of Arlo support, I finally found a solution to the app being stuck on the blue screen.  The underlying problem has something to do with the app reading data from the iCloud database.  Here is what worked for me.  Go to a place where you have a cellular phone connection only, and no WiFi connection.  In the iPhone, go to Setting, iPhone Storage.  Scroll down until you find Arlo Secure.  Offload the app.  When that is completed, reload the app, which is an option on the same screen.  Next, still in Setting, go to the very top where you see your name.  Go down to iCloud.  You will "Apps Using iCloud".  Tap Show All.  Scroll down until you find Arlo Secure.  Toddle it off, so that it is not using iCloud.  Next, put your phone in Airplane mode (so that your phone does not have internet access).  The open the Arlo app.  you should now be able to enter your logon and password, at which point the app should work normally.  If this does not work, you can call Arlo support.  I had to wait about 15 minutes, but they called me back and were very helpful.  When they walked me through the solution is did not work because even though I put the phone into Airplane mode I was still on WiFi.  :Later, when I went to a place where I had a cellular connection only and no WiFi, it worked.  Hope that helps.

Bolshoi
Aspirant
Aspirant

This was awesome thanks, fixed my issue. Did you turn iCloud back on for Arlo or keeping it off? 

AHansen
Star
Star

I left iCloud for Arlo off.  I don't know what the iCloud switch does.  With it off my app continues to work correctly.

Bolshoi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it, thanks again 

Niko47
Aspirant
Aspirant

You’re a hero! Worked like a charm 

Denas
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same thing happens to me, but the App works fine on my iPad but not my iPhone, it has frozen for over a week

Denas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. Very frustrating. 

Denas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I live in Australia, do you have a phone number for Arlo support?

Cheers Chris

Retired_Member
Not applicable

This solved my issue!! Thank you!!!!