Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ralcalmil
Follower
Follower

Anyone want to buy 4 Arlo cameras?   I'm done with Arlo.    Bait & switch is one thing, but highway robbery is something else.   Just got notice of ANOTHER increase, this time it's a 60% increase.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm outta here.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Providing you with security and peace of mind has never been more important to us. However, there has been an increase in costs in our industry over the last several years. Which means we need to change the pricing we set for our services. This enables us to continue investing in innovative solutions that offer you best-in-class security that is customizable to your needs.

We have no current plans to increase prices further unless market conditions change.
    We continually strive to keep our services competitive, maintaining the highest levels of quality, cybersecurity, and privacy. Market conditions will dictate any future price changes, however, we are fully committed to finding ways to bring costs down, without compromising quality.

For the latest information about Arlo subscription plans and pricing, take a look here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

42 REPLIES 42
Amk7786
Initiate
Initiate

You guys are crazy.  You're drowning in competition now.  It's not the same situation it was a few years ago.  Your cameras cost an arm and leg but aren't better than the competition.  And your web setup isn't any better.  The reason I jumped in was that it didn't cost me monthly.  Your leadership has miscalculated.  I will be leaving your service and trashing the cameras so they don't go on to the used market and get you more subscribers.  People in this country are getting nickel and dimed because of companies like you.  And thanks to AI your costs are going down not up.  You're full of crap.  Folks that read this don't go to arlo. Go to wyze or ring or the endless cheaper and better options.

Anyrugik
Guide
Guide

You wanna know what is a slap in the face big eff you to customers!??? The email sent today 1/26/24 ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE from 5.99 to 7.99 for one camera ONE!!!!!

the excuse the “increase cost of development…” what in the world!? What development!? The doorbell take ages of lag, the cameras are buggy, they never fulfilled the promised integration with Homekit (because they dont want to) this is it!!! Im canceling this garbage it cost more than a cable subscription for literally nothing… it started at a reasonable 2.99 maybe considerable but 7.99 is taking the piss

hydrated
Initiate
Initiate

Again the price goes up for a single camera to $7.99 from $3.99 a month! Not worth it at all. Time to find other hardware where I can store footage locally, NOT ON THE CLOUD. Absolutely will I NOT pay a monthly fee to arlo ever again. 

pghhiker
Initiate
Initiate

Ok folks.  Can someone better articulate the rationale behind the massive price increase of 51% on a percentage basis with the monthly subscription plan?  Sure, we can lock in the rate for a year when paying an annual subscription, but it will renew at the higher rate come 2025.  Are your Operating Expenses, R and D, financing costs, etc to continue as a going concern increasing this rapidly?  This certainly looks more about increasing your net income margins and not preserving them at existing rates.  Take a cue from General Mills, Kellogg, P & G and other consumer staple companies where they are seeing that the consumers are pushing back with these higher costs by trading down and walking away.  Its risky bet to increase your costs to your end users in this fashion.  Your finance team will be learning a valuable lesson on price elasticity.  For additional color, the price increase that occurred in 2023 was 61% year over year.  That is a Cumulative Annual Growth rate since 2022 of 58.7%

This is too far.  As such, I am one of those consumers that says no more.

Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

oh wow really?

what did the yearly go up to? I’m on an yearly and still have another 6months or so to go, haven’t looked lately.

saabman03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm an Arlo Secure customer and received an email today with the following Info: 

Due to increasing costs and investment in developing innovative solutions, Arlo is changing the price of the Secure Single Camera plan to $7.99/mo.¹ Your payment method on file will be charged the new price unless you change or cancel your plan before the start of your first billing cycle on or after February 24, 2024.

Annual Plan Special Offer
Lock in your current pricing for an entire year by switching to an annual plan for $59.99. This special offer is open exclusively to existing subscribers for a limited time. Click here to redeem this offer

To manage your service plan(s), please visit my.arlo.com.

When I go to the website there isn't a way to change my plan to an annual payment and take advantage of the price lock for the next year.  Has anyone who received this email figured this out?

pghhiker
Initiate
Initiate

went from 3.17 per month in 2023 to 5.29.  Then this new increase takes it to 7.99 per month.

Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you. 

I’m on the multi-camera subscription … just looked , and it appears  that’ll be 12.50$ a month. ridiculous !!

TheColonel
Tutor
Tutor

Interesting- at 6:38 pm tonight, I got a similar message. I clicked on the link to accept their Annual plan but nothing happened no matter how many times I clicked. Then I tried to contact them by CHAT..what a fiasco. When I finally got through all their crap and requested a live agent, I was put in a “Que” and was told I was #18 with a wait time of 830 seconds. After well over 45 minutes I’m still waiting. These people are absolutely ridiculous. I think I’m going to cancel and go to a different firm. 

Constant123
Star
Star

Yes, single camera sub cost increased from $5 to $8 per month, so like 60 % after the previous 60 % increase in early 2023..  I was already on the fence due to the $5 cost, now what do you think I'm gonna do ?

Constant123
Star
Star

Probably $10 next year.  I'm out.

bree_
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah it's actually ridiculous at this point. From $2.99 to $4.99 was surprising, but this further and sudden hop to $7.99 for a single camera is wild. Sad to say I will be transitioning to a new setup soon.

robert9901
Initiate
Initiate

Corporate governance demands more money then what they made last quarter.  You get the same or less service, but they make more. Its a win-win for them. 

They know you have 2 choices: pay or don't. If you don't, your camera is basically useless. So you can put more money into buying a different brand cameras and likely have the same issue. 

Constant123
Star
Star

They did roll out one exciting new feature last year.  Changed the name to Arlo Secure.

mark5280
Initiate
Initiate

Same, I'm out!

Stev30
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, Is Arlo increasing the price of their subscription plan by 60% starting Feb 2024?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Providing you with security and peace of mind has never been more important to us. However, there has been an increase in costs in our industry over the last several years. Which means we need to change the pricing we set for our services. This enables us to continue investing in innovative solutions that offer you best-in-class security that is customizable to your needs.

We have no current plans to increase prices further unless market conditions change.
We continually strive to keep our services competitive, maintaining the highest levels of quality, cybersecurity, and privacy. Market conditions will dictate any future price changes, however, we are fully committed to finding ways to bring costs down, without compromising quality.

For the latest information about Arlo subscription plans and pricing, take a look here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

Anyrugik
Guide
Guide

So this automatic reponse is just as garbage as the product and services you provide. So you are saying they price increase is because others are increasing prices yet the product is useless, no inovation no improvement, less for more, quietly disable visibility for local storage to push laggy and slow cloud service which takes 20+ seconds of lag, i dont see how my home is safer if i see everything delayed.

never added features youve been promosing for years because it make the money making machine produce less im talking about homekit….

Im selling my product to some other fool who wants to pay 7.99 plus taxes for a silly camera monitoring… slow cloud

jmeoo3
Star
Star

LESS for MORE seems to be the go to for Arlo.  So shameful that everything is getting worse but costs way more than in use to.  I hope they go out of business.  The competition is going to put the final nail in the coffin if they keep this crap up.  

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still have my single Arlo Pro 5S cam and just realized their fees are going way the heck up. I'm due to renew tomorrow. Shame on me for not noticing this earlier. I'm sure they sent out something telling me about this major f**king coming my way, but I must of missed it.

I bought a nice Ring Spotlight cam for the backyard awhile back and like it a lot, actually more than the Arlo but been too busy to swap out the Arlo in front.

Well Arlo, you got me this time with the new $90 yearly fee (for a single stinking cam) but I'll pick up another Ring soon as my time allows. 

Did I mention that the Ring has better features overall,, better control of recordings, a nicer phone app and pc interface, and WAY longer battery life (with two batteries installed at once) which is a nice option. And I've had zero problems with the Ring so far. No surprises.

It's always something with Arlo. The damn rates went up the prior year also.

FYI , as of now anyone with an Arlo multiple cam plan keeps their current rates. Don't hold your breath.

Edzjaxon
Initiate
Initiate

I foolishly began my subscription ~ a year ago when intro rate was offered @ $4.99/mo. Just received notice of increase of > 60% to $7.99/mo. What a bait and switch. NBo costs, not even insurance, are increasing by 60+%. 

Interesting enough, Arlo subscribers encountered this last year as well:

"It’s Arlo’s mission to provide customers with the best possible value and experience. Customers have enjoyed the same pricing on subscription plans since 2014. In order for Arlo to continue driving innovation and offering new security features and enhancements like package detection, Emergency Response service, support for unlimited cameras, smoke/CO detection, and more, some customers will experience a minimal price change to Arlo Secure subscriptions.  Starting at $4.99/month for a single camera, the new pricing will go into effect on February 3, 2023. For customers in the US and Canada, you can keep your current monthly unlimited plan price by enrolling in an annual subscription plan. Users can view updated plan pricing and benefits at arlo.com.:

Just another annual round of "go pound sand" to subscribers.  

Jaddy
Initiate
Initiate

Sorry, the costs for your future innovations should come from the sales of the new equipment that will benefit from them. This is a disgusting greedy money grab. Going from $2.99 to $7.99 in a span of 2 years is a bait and switch and inexcusable. I will do everything I can to educate people in my circle and beyond to avoid you unethical business!

datadrifter
Tutor
Tutor

This is not a rate increase, it's prey on consumers by “price gouging.” I will be leaving soon.

AC_CA
Tutor
Tutor

It is less painful if you have multi camera but if you have an existing security system and just want a single wire free doorbell (which is worse than a wired one no matter how marketing spins it , since WiFi still needs quite a bit of power in an electrical outage) it is “highway robbery” as someone put it above.

R&D money should really come from the 4k and advanced cameras not HD or 2K ones.