Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure object recognition inacurate

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nibor_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a four camera set-up, two Arlo Pro2 and two Arlo Pro3, ran through the VMB4500 base station. I recently switched over from Arlo Smart to Arlo Secure (The newest camera's free trial ran out and the new service seemed the better deal given that I don't use the e911 feature and wanted to add more cameras). Shortly after, my base-station stopped connecting to the Arlo service, so I unplugged it for several hours before plugging it back in. I had to re-add the base-station and cameras to my account, and everything seemed to be working again, but ever since my smart notifications have been odd. I have all of the cameras set up to not send push notifications for general motion, yet they all still do, albeit without animated previews. They cameras also seem to be much less accurate in notification type, where very clear footage that should be labeled "vehicle" (Overview of my driveway as a car enters or leaves) or "animal" (black cat walking over snow at about 15 feet away) still flag as "motion" and send push notifications, despite all cameras being set not to send push notifications for general motion in smart notifications. Any ideas what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nibor_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

Eventually, I ended up manually removing and re-adding EVERY device from my list of devices, including light-bridges and base stations. This seems to have fixed the problem. As of 2/12/22 alert types are mostly accurate and those flagged as types set to not send push notifications no longer send the notifications anyway

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nibor_D,

How often is this occurring? Is it a consistent or intermittent issue?

JamesC

Nibor_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been pretty consistent since I had to re-add everything. I tried using an activity zone to help, but it didn't seem to have done much. Took down the worst offender (front door) tonight, removing it from my system and taking the battery out for ten minutes or so before reassembling it and re-adding it in the hopes the ol' "turn in off and back on again" might help, guess I'll find out tomorrow

Nibor_D
Aspirant
Aspirant

Eventually, I ended up manually removing and re-adding EVERY device from my list of devices, including light-bridges and base stations. This seems to have fixed the problem. As of 2/12/22 alert types are mostly accurate and those flagged as types set to not send push notifications no longer send the notifications anyway