Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

I have used the Arlo Cameras and the apps for quite some time now. I'm on iOS 16.5.1 and the Arlo Secure App is 4.5, 6272. (Build number?)

There's a stupid visual bug where muting notifications from the lock screen makes the text "slide" upward where it can't be accessed. Here's a video of this in action:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5jwk8p1be8paao/RPReplay_Final1687297685.mp4?dl=0

Obviously, I'd like this fixed, but there is a much, much bigger issue here, which is that Arlo's support people are the most incompetent and unthinking automatons spewing scripted messages one after the other that I have *ever* seen. They seem to be completely incapable of reading text and understanding the meaning beyond "Customer have problem, problem is app, I will select "App problem" from my drop-down menu in the ticket system and move on."

I have gone back and forth with the support people about this issue for...months, now. The agents simply do not read the issues, or attempt to understand them in-depth. They simply regurgitate "Customer satisfaction is always our top priority" and "If there is anything else we can assist you with or if you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know."

This isn't helpful. The solutions they keep regurgitating are clearly not the issue ("You have your screen text set too big." No, I don't it's the system default size.) or they ask for screen recordings, and then I e-mail them, and they email back saying "Can you please provide a screen recording?" I ask that we drop the silly paragraphs of corporate speak, they send even more fluff. They ask for version numbers, which I provide, then they ask again. They ask which device, which app, how to reproduce, endlessly, even after all of this has been answered.

Arlo, your e-mail support is bad. It's bad, bad, bad. Irredeemably bad. This sort of visual bug should be the easiest thing in the world to make someone aware of, but I'm trapped talking to the most robotic mechanoids who ever pretended to be human. Emailing your support is like talking to ChatGPT, except ChatGPT might actually be more helpful. Christ.

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ruthercm715 

Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't able to replicate this issue as you described with the same app and iOS versions. I reviewed the screen recording as well. So I can have a better understanding on the issue, are you trying to close the app by swiping up in the video, can you provide more detail on the "text can't be accessed" description?

Does this occur on any other handheld devices by chance?

Thanks 

Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is not surprising to me. Although I haven’t experienced this exact issue yet, I’ve had a similar issue happen whenever I try to add a screenshot to a message on the Arlo community website using iPadOS in landscape mode. The “post” button goes off the bottom of the screen and you can’t click it. Most of Arlo’s IT developers are clearly unqualified for the job, and whoever runs that department needs to be replaced with someone who knows what they’re doing. 

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

I am not trying to close the app, the movement you see at the end of the video is me pulling down on the screen to make the text re-appear.

How can I possibly provide more information...there's a video there showing the visual bug. After muting notifications, the menu becomes inaccessible because it moves up off the screen. As shown in the video. What further clarification do you require?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is the clarification I needed. I'll have my team look in to this and I'll provide another update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ruthercm715 Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v4.7.1?

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

Isn't it the job of Arlo Support to test and debug their software themselves? There seems to be a misunderstanding of what software development and support means here.

Yes, I just updated, and it's still happening.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ruthercm715 

Can you test this issue again with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.8

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ruthercm715 Were you able to reproduce this issue on the latest version of the Arlo app? 

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

It is still happening as of update 4.8.1.

image0.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check on version 4.9? If you don't see the update you can remove and re-install the Arlo app to force the update. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this with the latest version 4.9.1?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ruthercm715 

Is everything working okay for you now? 

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

Shayne,

I appreciate that you want to close this ticket, but badgering me won't help. I have other things going on in my life.

I will evaluate release 4.9.1 and get back to you.

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

Nope, still happens!

It doesn't happen every time, so there must be some condition that's triggering it.

gsuh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have had an ongoing bug when tapping Mute Notifications from an iOS Notification quick action. When tapping Mute Notifications it goes to the silence notifications screen correctly, but if I silence notifications the screen shoots up and I can no longer go back into the app without killing it. This only occurs when using the quick actions in the notification and has been going on for at least the past 3 major releases. I am currently on iOS 17.1.2 and app version 4.11. Anybody else getting this issue?

IMG_8571.PNG

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ruthercm715 Do you still experience this with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.11.1?

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

Yes, it's still happening. The poster above is having the same issue.

This is the anemic support response I'm talking about in the original post, man. Is this what I'm supposed to expect for my subscription dollars?

"Is it fixed?"

"No""

"How about now?"

"No"

And so forth, ad nauseum.

gsuh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, still having this issue on version 4.11.2 (7240). 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gsuh 

The team has identified the issue and a fix will be coming. 

ruthercm715
Guide
Guide

Have they? I reported this like seven months ago, and I keep getting asked out of the blue if it's fixed yet, and when I reply "no it's not", it's radio silence until I get asked the same question again. Very annoying.