Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MojoArlo
Follower
Follower

I own four Arlo Pro 4 cameras in two locations. In order to share with my wife, I was forced into an upgrade to Arlo 4.0.  COMPLETE DISASTER.  No longer can I arm or disarm individual cameras while leaving the others operating. Previous app version had very simple interface: go to Mode, select camera, change mode, done. Now, there are "routines" with modes, none of which provide the same functionality.  Moreover, Arlo advertises its new app as being to control cameras in different locations. Not so WITHOUT A SEPARATE SUBSCRIPTION.  So if I wish to have the front of my house (with vehicle traffic) controlled separately from the rear (field), my supposed unlimited camera plan is insufficient.  My fourth camera, at a cottage, also must be controlled as if it is deployed at my residence miles away. This is not how the system is advertised to operate.  Complete step backward in user interface and functionality.  Arlo also misrepresents what its service does at what price: unlimited camera plan should say "IN ONE LOCATION" if that is how it now operates.  Will not buy another Arlo (I am stuck with four) and would not recommend Arlo to anyone.

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The ultimate satire is you are locked in to using the new app UI, no return path.

All newly created arlo accounts are forced to use the new UI.

You just had to be lucky to create an account before the silent change arlo made to be able to keep using the older UI and not purchasing any new camera models that force the down eh upgrade.