Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 5s not available in Arlo Secure mobile app

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Thasigan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

please can someone guide me further on the arlo pro 5s. I purchased a 3 pack off amazon and after trying absolutely everything to pack these camera's directly to my orbi router, I had eventually contacted arlo support. I was told that the Arlo pro 5s is actually not available in all countries. For now just US, EU and New Zealand. This actually makes sense since the the highest listing under camera's was pro 4 and Pro 5s was not available. So naturally I tried linking this to pro4.

When trying to pair my camera via wifi I can see the Pro5s on my router. But clearly the Arlo secure app is looking for a pro4 since that is the option I had chosen. 
Questions:

1. is there anyway to link these cameras without waiting for arlo themselves to make this available in my country

2. is there a regional specific arlo secure app?

3. Any idea when the pro 5s will be available to all regions? I'm stuck between returning these for the pro4 or waiting for the pro5s to be available?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's really all about #2. I can't speak about what countries are currently supporting the Pro 5 but if the latest app doesn't show the Pro 5 as an installation option, it can't currently be installed. As Arlo opens up the regional limits for installs, the app will reflect that.