Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App Signs Out Randomly

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MsKingly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Probably weekly my Arlo app signs me out without any notice. The only way I notice is that I don’t get the geofencing alerts when I leave for work. 

This has been a persistent issue for years. I’ve removed the app and reinstalled it. I removed my arlo security Camer and reinstalled it. 

At this point, if I don’t get a sure fix and permanent solution, I’ll be moving on to a different security service as this is a massive security issue, not to mention annoying and frustrating. 

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The background portion of the arlo mobile app has a two week session life similar to the website login session for the web browser.

This is a intended function by arlo and has been about for a long time, since two step verification was introduced I imagine.

Arlo is aware of this and the frustration it causes users with loss of push notifications and geofencing.

It would seem to me that arlo doesn’t have  any intention of addressing the issue in the long term let alone in the short term.

MsKingly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good to know, thanks for the response! I don't think my app login actually lasts 2 weeks even, which is sad.

Definitely happy to have an answer to this though (even if the answer is: "we know about it and we don't care about customer satisfaction or quality of life".

Very happy I haven't invested in more arlo cameras. Looks like it's time to give mine away on FB marketplace and move to another system that's more reliable.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It is a sad situation, you can read about it in the thread below.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/App-keeps-logging-one-of-us-out-geofencing-not-working/td-p... 

If you have a subscription plan you can raise a fault case with support to escalate a fix even though they have been aware for the last two years of the problem.

MsKingly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Luckily I don't have a subscription (thankfully not giving them any more money than they've already taken). 

I wish I had checked out the Better Business Bureau information on Arlo sooner. The reviews and the BBB alert for this company is scathing:

"BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints. Specifically, consumers allege in their complaints to BBB that despite paying for a subscription for their cameras, they are not able to access playback features. Consumers also claim their cameras repeatedly reflect as offline and declare consistent camera battery drainage and charging issues. Lastly, consumers allege unsuccessful attempts to communicate with customer service from business. On October 6th, 2022, BBB submitted a written request to the business encouraging them to address the pattern of complaints."