Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO App Control

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Two Questions about the control of the ARLO Web Interface and the ARLO APP for IPHONES:

1) Is there a way to separate different granted access members limits to the 'functions' of the interface.  That is to say can User A have access to Device Library Mode Settings  and User B only have access to Mode and Settings?

Reason I am asking, the 10+ plus ARLO Ultra cameras and growing for our Lake Community, the manager is an employee of the club organization.  As such, they are authorized to view all images.   I am a member of this club, but in charge of maintaining all the cameras.  Club guidelines indicate that members should NOT be allowed to view images, since it could be an invasion of privacy.   Personally, I have zero interest in looking at images, but daily I check to look at battery status and to see if the solar chargers are charging.   And to adjust  some settings in or outside of mode.  I probably no the answer is that can not be done, but doesnt hurt asking.

2) For logons. We have 3 people that can use the master arlo account for our club.  Right now to verify access, you can set to one or more phone numbers or one or more email addresses.  Question is, can that be set to multiple phone numbers or emails..  That is if Person A logins and the verification is set to their phone number.  Easy.  But what if Person B needs to login, automatically the default will send the verification to Person A phone number.  So, again probably asking the impossible, but I guess I am saying could their be a re-route in verification?

Then again, does this verification happen on Iphones as well?  I dont remember seeing that extra two step verification.

I realize another way around this is to have multiple accounts that can access the same devices.  Granted, that would work, and for the most part, that granted access does not need full authorations.

Am I making sense at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

Yes of course.

@rdilauro wrote:

1) Is there a way to separate different granted access members limits to the 'functions' of the interface.  That is to say can User A have access to Device Library Mode Settings  and User B only have access to Mode and Settings?

No - unfortunately the access rights aren't that fine-grained.  Anyone who can log in with the primary account has full access.  Anyone with a friend account can access the library - someone with access rights can access the library and also access and change the modes.

@rdilauro wrote:

Two Questions about the control of the ARLO Web Interface and the ARLO APP for IPHONES:

Reason I am asking, the 10+ plus ARLO Ultra cameras and growing for our Lake Community, the manager is an employee of the club organization.  As such, they are authorized to view all images.   I am a member of this club, but in charge of maintaining all the cameras.  Club guidelines indicate that members should NOT be allowed to view images, since it could be an invasion of privacy.   Personally, I have zero interest in looking at images, but daily I check to look at battery status and to see if the solar chargers are charging.   And to adjust  some settings in or outside of mode.  I probably no the answer is that can not be done, but doesnt hurt asking.

2) For logons. We have 3 people that can use the master arlo account for our club.  Right now to verify access, you can set to one or more phone numbers or one or more email addresses.  Question is, can that be set to multiple phone numbers or emails..  That is if Person A logins and the verification is set to their phone number.  Easy.  But what if Person B needs to login, automatically the default will send the verification to Person A phone number.  So, again probably asking the impossible, but I guess I am saying could their be a re-route in verification?

Then again, does this verification happen on Iphones as well?  I dont remember seeing that extra two step verification.

2 factor authentication applies to the app as well.  But you can set it up so the phones are trusted.  There is a limit of 5 trusted devices per account - so three should be ok.  Not sure if the limit of 5 includes browsers or not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

Yes of course.

@rdilauro wrote:

No - unfortunately the access rights aren't that fine-grained.  Anyone who can log in with the primary account has full access.  Anyone with a friend account can access the library - someone with access rights can access the library and also access and change the modes.

@rdilauro wrote:

2 factor authentication applies to the app as well.  But you can set it up so the phones are trusted.  There is a limit of 5 trusted devices per account - so three should be ok.  Not sure if the limit of 5 includes browsers or not.