Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No recordings since April 1!

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did something happen to the service?   Wasn't April 1 one of those dates flying around in recent announcements that were later retracted?

Last night I noticed no recordings but it was a quiet day.  The only doorway activity I could recall was after 5:00pm (the scheduled shutoff time).  I forgot to update it for the season.   So now my schedule is ready for long summer days and still no recording today when actual motion occurred.

(p.s. Q is inside looking out so doesn't work at night)

19 REPLIES 19
redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nevermind.   I just was poking around my app looking around at firmware and other settings.  and all of a sudden I got a phone notification of motion.   There was actually no motion that I could detect in the recording, but hey, I got a recording!!!    I guess false alarm.   Not sure why I didn't get  a notification earlier today though.  TIme will tell!

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Recordings have been intermittent.  I think my activity zone is not working right.  It's catching close to the front door but not the driveway which it always used to pick up just fine.   I hadn't made any changes, so what could be causing these changes?   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. The camera works fine but I have no recordings in the library. No videos, no snapshots. Even If I try to record something manually using the rec button or the snapshot button I have no files in the library. Motion and audio detection work but it does not record anything. I have the latest firmware e latest app available. With the web app on the PC I get  the same problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@spalmeri wrote:

The camera works fine but I have no recordings in the library. No videos, no snapshots. Even If I try to record something manually using the rec button or the snapshot button I have no files in the library. Motion and audio detection work but it does not record anything. I have the latest firmware e latest app available. With the web app on the PC I get  the same problem.

Have you tried power-cycling the camera?

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you tried power-cycling the camera?

Yes.

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also tried to remove and add the camera from my devices. The problem persists. Should I open a support ticket?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@spalmeri wrote:

I also tried to remove and add the camera from my devices. The problem persists. Should I open a support ticket?

Probably a good idea if you have a subscription.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they have other suggestions.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera started to work again today. I did nothing, so I suppose it was a problem on the server.

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera stopped working again. I will contact support.

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted support, they told me to reset the camera and reinstall the app but the problem was not solved. Can someone help me?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@spalmeri wrote:

I contacted support, they told me to reset the camera and reinstall the app but the problem was not solved. 

Are you able to livestream the camera and make a manual recording?

BTW, what camera model do you have?

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. As I said the camera works perfectly but I have no recordings. I can live stream but no manual recordings. I get notifications of audio and motion but the library is empty. The camera is ArloQ VMC3040r6.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@spalmeri 

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, but I have made some progress. I think there is a bug in the snapshots feature. If there is a mode with the snapshots setting on the recordings disappear from the library. If I erase the arlo cloud and deactivate the snapshots and record only videos the camera starts to record videos again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@spalmeri 

When you reset the camera did you reboot it or perform a factory reset? 

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did reboot  it and factory reset it. But it is not needed. I disable  the snapshots, delete the Arlo Cloud and the camera start to record videos again. I have used it for 24 hours, it is working fine, I have dozens of videos in the library. If I select "Take Snapshot" ,  and motion or audio is detected all videos in the library are gone and it stops recording.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.