Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection Failed trying to use microphone away from home

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed two ArloQ cameras this morning.  Everything was working before I left the house, however when I tried to use the microphone feature after I left I receive a Connection Failed error on both cameras.  I am on my Samsung Note 3 using LTE.  The only difference between now and when I was home is that I was on my WiFi at home. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you try using both cell and WiFi service from another location (work or a hotspot) to see if it's consistent?  If so, contact support using the Support link above to raise awareness of this - others have had similar issues although not on a widespread basis.

cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works when I connect my phone to WiFi at work, but Verizon 4G LTE will not work

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact support as noted above.

cghefner
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I contacted support and was told that I am not the only user with this problem.  In some cases 4G is not stable enough to handle the recording of audio.  After we got off the phone I upgraded my Note 3 to Lollipop and tried it over 4G and it worked.  I had rolled back my phone from Lollipop 6 months ago due to issues I was having with the phone.  So now I have to monitor the phone's behavior to make sure it doesn't slow down and overheat again.

But at least I can tell my dogs to stop barking at the air and tripping the alarm!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cghefner,

I would like to look further into the issue you are describing, could you provide me the case number you have open with support? (feel free to private message me if you prefer)

JamesC