Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Wazup
Aspirant
Aspirant

October 3, 2023  Arlo Q indicates 'Getting Information'.  One cannot arm or disarm.  After changing wifi signal, same result.  Noticed that an update for Arlo on the app.  Performed update.  Arlo Q status remains on 'Getting Information'.  The camera can be reached and live stream can be observed but one cannot ARM camera.  What did Arlo do to the Q during this update??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I also have legacy cameras with no subscription.

In my experience, when things like this happened, they did not recover on their own. It required at least one, sometimes two power cycles of the device (not including the Pro 2). If that didn't work, I power-cycled the modem and router and then power-cycled the device as needed. Mainly I just keep power-cycling things, including cellphone as well, until hopefully things start working again. Last resort probably would be a reset, which is a huge pain. Not much more can be done on our end.

If I am having friends checking in while I am gone, I walk them through how to power-cycle my modem and router and warn them that I might need them to power-cycle internal devices. I do regularly power cycle the modem and router to keep the connections to all devices synched up and power-cycle just before a trip.  Yes, it's kind of a pain to have to add all this to the list of to-dos....

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Wazup
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have:

Shutdown Q and restarted.

Removed device and recovered.

Changed WiFi setting and changed back.

Still Mode indicating "GETTING INFORMATION". 

The Q CANNOT be armed or disarmed.

Any insights from Arlo staff?

Anyone else having this issue?  Yes or NO from anyone else might help.

Thanks

Wazup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attempted another "Remove Device" and "Add New Device"... this time it worked.

It makes one wonder, that if you are not home/away on vacation, one would loose capabilities of their Arlo Q camera until you return.  One has to be present to display the SQR code to the camera for it to be initiated.  There is no hope in trying to recover it if you are not in the same location of the Q.

Seems to be nothing but a weak performance from the crew responsible for the upgrade to the Arlo app.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

My Arlo Q is usually very stable and reliable. But I noticed tonight that it was offlins and had stopped recording around noon. Power cycling did not bring it back.

Actually the past few days, I've noticed that my cameras (Arlo Q, Pro 2, and Arlo Baby) are constantly showing offline in the app. A combination of closing/restarting the app; restarting my cellphone; and rebooting modem, router, and Pro 2 base station and waiting for longer that typical after opening the app eventually brought the devices back to online status on the app. But it took quite a bit of doing--repeating the steps over and over again. I noticed that the Android app was updated Oct 4. I updated two days ago, so the timing does seem to indicate that the app update likely caused it.

Are you on an Android? I don't recall seeing a "Getting Information" message.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Run a Q model along with several Pros and Pro2s....

All seem to be running fine, no real issues to speak of  ( yes, I do have a subscription do you ?? )

Using android phone , S10 , working as normal with app, have never seen "getting info " messg.

Edit;

see you mentioned it's working , great

.... Yes, if the camera some how loses sync, many times ( esp with the Pros/P2 ) you can not do much remotely... it need you to be on site to re-sync

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Wazup
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems as if we had similar issues.  We have an iPhones.  It's a same we have to jump through hoops when Arlo does an update.  Again, it is a crime this happens when away from the residence. 

Wazup
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I do not have a subscription. 

I am working with the legacy cameras and the Q. 

Again, it is a shame we have to jump through hoops when Arlo performs an 'upgrade'. (?) 

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I was home on this day and was dealing with it on my time off. 

The next question is:  If away from home, will it finally recover on its own? 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I also have legacy cameras with no subscription.

In my experience, when things like this happened, they did not recover on their own. It required at least one, sometimes two power cycles of the device (not including the Pro 2). If that didn't work, I power-cycled the modem and router and then power-cycled the device as needed. Mainly I just keep power-cycling things, including cellphone as well, until hopefully things start working again. Last resort probably would be a reset, which is a huge pain. Not much more can be done on our end.

If I am having friends checking in while I am gone, I walk them through how to power-cycle my modem and router and warn them that I might need them to power-cycle internal devices. I do regularly power cycle the modem and router to keep the connections to all devices synched up and power-cycle just before a trip.  Yes, it's kind of a pain to have to add all this to the list of to-dos....

Wazup
Aspirant
Aspirant

We think alike or at least we have the same recovery process.  I never gave much thought to allowing someone to perform a power-cycle on the Modem/Arlo base unit.  That's easy enough.

(I guess I was fixated on the process of forgetting/restoring devices... that would be too complicated for someone that was not familiar to the product.)

Thank you for communicating your experience regarding this issue.

Take care.