Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q- 11 of 16 cameras in different locations not recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DaniBPitaya
Aspirant
Aspirant

11 of our 16 cameras in different locations stopped recording yesterday without any notice.  This has been happening more and more frequently, despite the cameras saying they are connected.  I am constantly having to have stores reset their cameras, even though they show to be connected and operational.

Right now, we can view live, but nothing is recording without having to manually record.

What is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

The past few days, I've noticed that my cameras (Arlo Q, Pro 2, and Arlo Baby) are constantly showing offline in the app. A combination of closing/restarting the app; restarting my cellphone; and rebooting modem, router, and Pro 2 base station and waiting for longer that typical after opening the app have eventually brought the devices back to online status on the app.

It's decribed in more detail in this post, link below so as to not re-type everything:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Devices-Offline/td-p/1932087

I use Android app. Last update was Oct 4--not quite sure when I updated. I've been experiencing other issues with app, mostly starting earlier this year.

Are you on an Android? Other cameras in addition to Arlo Q? Have you also tried rebooting modem and router?

------------------------------

Editing to add that I updated the app two days ago, so that coincides with offline issues that I have been seeing.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try a reset on the basestation/hub and then reconnect the cameras. See if that helps the behavior you are seeing. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

DaniBPitaya
Aspirant
Aspirant

They weren't showing to be offline and I could view everything live.  They just weren't recording to the cloud, even though we've had a subscription for 6 years. 

The 15 cameras are all in different cities and states and they all stopped recording at the same time.  I fixed the issue by having to add them to a "Routine", however that booted them off after 24 hours.  I added them again and don't seem to be having too many issues now.  However, the Arlo Q will be nearing EOL in 2025 and we will probably switch to a different company at that time.