Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo camera was turned off

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
h7890p
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have arlo camera  early model. someone appears to have hacked in it to turn off and state "link has expired". I went into settings and mode and turned it back on. How did it get turned off when the other cameras were not turned off??

Firmware 1.2.10342.  Do you have a history of who logs in and accesses cloud Arlo?

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What link had expired? That seems to only appear when you try to watch a link to a shared video that is over 24 hours old. Unlikely that someone hacked you but you should change your password to something more secure anyway

h7890p
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is not a shared video camera. What do I look for to be sure it is "ON"? the green background or white button? It is set with white button tot he right. Correct?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

In your Devices list, there should be a video preview and a black "running man" figure. When you turn the camera off, the preview window says "This camera is currently disabled and will not respond to mode changes. To enable this camera, turn the camera on from the device settings." and then yes, in the device settings, the on off switch should be to the right and green

axbycz
Initiate
Initiate

WHY do I have to work so hard to find the Model #?

Shouldnt companies in the Valley already know to make Support user-friendly and frictionless.

I turned my Camera Off. 

I expected that Netgear would make it easy to Toggle, correct?

And yet, now I CANNOT find the Turn Camera On button. 

Very, very frustrating.

There is NOTHING in Device Settings screen/page to turn ON.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

axbycz wrote:

I turned my Camera Off. 

I expected that Netgear would make it easy to Toggle, correct?

And yet, now I CANNOT find the goddam Turn Camera On button. 

Very, very frustrating.

There is NOTHING in Device Settings screen/page to turn ON.

Are you using the app or the web interface? If the app, is it iOS or android?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you used the On/Off switch in Settings, My Devices, your camera and it doesn't seem to exist anymore, try logging out and back in.  As above, the method you're using (app, which one, or the browser) can make a difference.

axbycz
Initiate
Initiate

These are wrong questions to ask (Is it ios? or android? or win 95? or whatever). Feels like 19th century. I hope what we are going through sounds RIDICULOUS to you too.

I logged in out of the ios App on iphone several times. No difference. 

Why don't you put On/Off Buttons at Top Level instead of hiding it so that we have to go throught this hassle to discover how to get the On/Off Buttopn back? Or put those Buttons in Multiple Places? Your Navigation is Way Too Complicated. 

I used to justify paying a premium for Netgear, but now I won't because support processes are just like some lesser-rated country. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

With one or two exceptions, noted by a Netgear avatar, we're all just users here. We have to ask questions and expect that you give us detailed responses since we can't see nor experience what you're having an issue with. Many times, it's an issue on your end, other times it's a bug, server issue, etc. Unless you're willing to work with us, you're on your own.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I don't know anyone who turns their cameras off. If the cameras are not to record on motion detection, the rule for the mode is simply omitted. I'd be pretty sure this is the way Netgear intended it hence why the on/off function is in the camera settings menu. BUT to turn the camera on/off is simply two taps. When you open the app, you'll be taken to the Device list. Tap the cog icon next to the camera. The second item in the settings menu is the on/off switch. It's right there. I'm not sure how you're struggling so much to find it.

Actually, while the mobile app interface and the web interface have different layouts, finding the on/off switch is exactly the same. For the web interface, from the device's list, click the cog next to the camera and the on/off switch is right there. It's not complicated at all. It just takes two clicks.

Have you read the user manual for the cameras?

NRawli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both website and app show the following message for both of my cameras:

"This camera is currently disabled and will not respond to mode changes
To enable this camera, turn the camera ON from the device settings."

When I go to device settings both on the app and on the website there is absolutely no On/Off option available.  See vid cap below.  It appears I do not have access to turn on my own camera.

screen.jpg

steve_t
Master Master
Master

We can't see your pic til the moderator authorises it but it should be in your camera settings menu as one of the first items

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, I can see it now. You can't turn it off because it's a device that's shared with you. You can only turn on and off your own cameras

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation