Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo Q plus - recently starting beeping ... ... ... ... ... every minute or so??

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
2jc
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 'arlo Q plus' has recently started beeping (3 beeps in quick succession repeated 5 times), every minute or so? The beeping is relatively quite BUT sufficient to activate a notification. I've tried various options, such as disabling the microphone and speaker, restarting it, but the beep continues. To stop the notifications I've had to disarm the camera! Camera Firmware 1.10.1.0_195_13971f9, connected by PoE.

It maybe a coincidence, but this beeping started around the time my Arlo Secure App (Android) was updated (New Logo) last week (Version 4.0.2.1_28506)..

Any advice suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2jc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your suggestions, I tried them all and the beeping was still there!

I then removed the camera completely and guess what, the beeping continued........ after further investigation I discovered an old digital thermometer hidden way nearby which was the source of the beeps.

Result one very embarrassed Arlo user 😳

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@2jc wrote:

It maybe a coincidence, but this beeping started around the time my Arlo Secure App (Android) was updated (New Logo) last week (Version 4.0.2.1_28506)..

Likely a coincidence, but easy to test.  Just put the phone in airplane mode and see if the beeps continue.

No idea what is causing the beeps, but I think it might be useful to try

• removing the microSD card if you have one installed
  • switching from PoE to the power adapter (if you still have it).
2jc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your suggestions, I tried them all and the beeping was still there!

I then removed the camera completely and guess what, the beeping continued........ after further investigation I discovered an old digital thermometer hidden way nearby which was the source of the beeps.

Result one very embarrassed Arlo user 😳

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation