Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing frequently malfunctions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
xenoverse
Follower
Follower

I've had Arlo Q for about a year now and this is problem has plagued me ever since. I thought with improved firmware or software it would be fixed but it is STILL HAPPENING.

I am very frustrated with Arlo Q Plus geofencing feature NOT WORKING properly on a very frequent basis. I have 2 devices, the main device seemed to be fine but the secondary user device that my wife uses very often shows the wrong location information.

When we both leave home, my device would show Out of Zone correctly but my wife's device would show In Zone, which disables the motion/audio detection of Arlo. As the result, we've had a few incidents where we did not have any video clips captured activities that resulted in property damage.

The only thing I can think of is that my wife's device is under her own account. Geofencing on my device always seems to work but my wife's very often does not work. We've tried to uninstall the Arlo app, remove my wife from the account but this problem still persists.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

How does the first in, last out principal work with geofencing mode for my Arlo cameras?

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation