Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t sync my Q plus

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Captain-Bill
Follower
Follower

Help!

my Q plus lost its Wi-Fi connection. 
I deleted the device and tried to reinstall. 
now, when I plug in to 110v the orange light comes on for a few seconds then goes out. 
pressing sync does not bring on the blue light. 
I don’t know what to do. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Captain-Bill wrote:

I deleted the device and tried to reinstall. 
now, when I plug in to 110v the orange light comes on for a few seconds then goes out. 
pressing sync does not bring on the blue light. 

Have you tried a factory reset?

emoze
Aspirant
Aspirant

Q+ vcm3040s - was working fine on older netgear router, got new wifi router  Q+ won't sync with new router login:  tried all above, removed device, did reset, tried re-install - get blink amber, press sync get blink blue, hold to QR code get chime - then arlo goes "searching" , finally get BUZZ BUZZ sound - then arlo says "unable to find your Arlo Q Plus." 

p.s. - i have 4 arlo 2 - Pro's & they all work just fine with new wifi router

WHAT NOW?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@emoze wrote:

p.s. - i have 4 arlo 2 - Pro's & they all work just fine with new wifi router

No, as they connect to the base station (which connects to the router over ethernet).

@emoze wrote:

Q+ vcm3040s - was working fine on older netgear router, got new wifi router  Q+ won't sync with new router login:  tried all above, removed device, did reset, tried re-install - get blink amber, press sync get blink blue, hold to QR code get chime - then arlo goes "searching" , finally get BUZZ BUZZ sound - then arlo says "unable to find your Arlo Q Plus." 

Is the router WiFi security set to WPA2 (AES)?

If you have punctuation or special characters in the wifi name or password, then you might need to change those.

Generally I find it best to just set up the new router wifi to use the same network name/password as the previous one used.

emoze
Aspirant
Aspirant

good point about the cameras connected to the base!

anyway - SOLVED - after MULTIPLE  resets & failed attempts to connect, over 3 hrs, arlo finally discovered the Q+;

i think part of my problem with all arlo hardware is it tends to be SLOW to boot & connect, and add that i am on ATT DSL which ain't very fast, so it takes a LONG TIME for a signal to round-robin thru the probably also overloaded arlo servers - notices of detected motion can be minutes after-the-fact

as far as resetting the new modem/router to the old passwords - i don't find that easier & then it obfuscates the pre-sets printed on the netgear factory labels - which can be a source of future confusion for others with access in my household who may have occ'l need to connect something new & are not very techie

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation