Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q how to deactivate notifications completely

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
toreador
Tutor
Tutor

I am using several Arlo cameras for almost 10 years. Now I've installed an old but unused Arlo q plus for my wife, which should be managed by her. Thus I installed the Arlo  secure app (4.6.1_28552) on her Galaxy S20 FE.
This app is a totally different version than the one I use on my android phone. As expected this version is another downgrade both regarding the usability as well as function wise.

Now what we want to achieve is that the app does not send ANY messages. Neither via eMail nor as push. Nothing.  The camera has to record but be silent.
As far as I can tell, this is impossible to manage in this awful app.
To make matters worse, all the arlo faqs regarding this, are describing the seetings based on the older version I am using on my phone, but which is not available any more.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that all (or at least most) FAQs have a link near the top to point you to the other user interface (UI) directions. Also, the current app is the same for all phones but supports both UIs. 

In any event, the setting for any notifications are in the primary user's modes and rules. Since you seem to be using the new UI, here are some directions to point you:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

toreador
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible then to change to the old UI and if so, how?
That would be the best and most obvious solution for me.

Furthermore, I also cannot find the option to disable the camera led in this awful ui version.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not possible to go back to the old UI. Eventually, everyone will be on the new one - it just hasn't been forced yet.

If you go to the camera settings, there's an On/Off switch there. Otherwise, it's up to the current mode you have selected. If there's no rule for the camera, it's disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation