Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Stops recording, freezes, 25-40% into the entire alarm event

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mmccorkle
Guide
Guide

I just had this happen at my business last night during a break-in. Unfortunately since our device stopped recording in the middle of the act we cannot see what actually happened after our businesses door was broken down. Needless to say, I am not a happy customer. 

After seeing other complaints going back some time, is Netgear resolving the issue? I can't trust this device any longer and have removed it until someone acknowledges this has been fixed. Wi-Fi is not the issue as this is wired directly over a POE 1000mbit connection.

POE (No Wi-Fi)

VMC3040Sr6

FW : 1.8.3.2_1749

Lobby Break-InLobby Break-In

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mmccorkle,

Are you viewing on an iOS device? If you view the video using the web client, do you see the same behavior? There is an issue on iOS the engineering team is currently investigating.

Can you post the full video so we can see what behavior exactly is occurring?

JamesC

mmccorkle
Guide
Guide

This occurs on all devices and using the web client. The video scrubber shows a much longer video although the frames stop (freeze) for the remainder of the video. I can send you a link to my video so you can see if you'd like in a PM. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mmccorkle,

At what point are you seeing this? I viewed the link you sent me in Chrome and was able to watch the entire 1:29 video without it freezing.

JamesC

mmccorkle
Guide
Guide

THANK YOU! Yes, it does work in Chrome. 

On iOS and Safari the video stops at 27 seconds. 

AF1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having that same issue while on a Mac using Safari or FireFox and on my iPhone. A 40 second clip will play the first 10-12 seconds and then freeze, but the audio continues in the background. Very annoying. My dog jumped onto the counter and grabbed a plastic bag to shred but I can only see the first 10 seconds of the clip. 

mmccorkle
Guide
Guide

Yep, it's annoying for sure. Enough so that I just returned / sold all my Arlo cams and replaced everything with a wired 8ch dvr. If they worked I'd love em, but I run an entire Mac / iOS company so I need it to work as advertised. Hopefully they fix it soon for other users but for now, I'm out. Good luck!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation