Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus - Missing Footage on CVR Timeline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloPost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing with my Arlo Q Plus camera (Hardware VMC3040Sr6). I have been observing multiple gaps in the Continuous Video Recording (CVR) timeline, and the problem has been ongoing since January 31, 2023.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, including restarting my cable modem, resetting my cable modem, restarting the camera, unplugging the camera for a minute and plugging it back in, and checking the placement and connectivity of the camera. The camera's firmware version is up-to-date (1.12.1.2_82_86b3a68_1e75faa) and its CVR subscription is active.

I am writing this post to inform Arlo about the issue and to seek assistance in resolving it. I have several other Arlo cameras with CVR capabilities, but none of them are experiencing this issue. I believe that this is a specific issue with the Arlo Q Plus camera (Hardware VMC3040Sr6).

I would appreciate any assistance that Arlo and its community can provide in resolving this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

During the CVR gaps, do you notice the camera dropping offline, rebooting or any other out of the ordinary behavior?

JamesC

ArloPost
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not noticed the camera dropping offline, rebooting, or demonstrating any other out of the ordinary behavior. 

Attached is a screenshot of the CVR timeline issue: https://ibb.co/F8MH9zL

It seems as if when the camera records motion, gaps appear in the CVR timeline. They also appear, though infrequently, when motion hasn't been detected.

SlashrSweethrt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had absolutely no footage recorded for going on eight days now. Initially Arlo kept telling me to reset everything and I did that which was a pain in the butt. And the issue is still there. My CVR has a timeline which is great but there are no longer any clips in the feed library. None of my other cameras are recording anything at all not to my external drive not to anything. I'm getting notifications that their witnessing activity but there is no video whatsoever. And Arlo has been a POS about doing something about this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SlashrSweethrt,

Are the cameras armed? If you remove and resync the cameras, do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation