Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus - Local Storage no longer works? w/o subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
aa021812
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Community!

I only realized recently (albeit late) that the Arlo Q plus has been discontinued, but does local storage with the Arlo Q Plus still work if you don't have a subscription?

I only see 7 days' worth of recordings for my account. I understand that's cloud storage for legacy support for users without a new subscription plan. But what happened to the ability to use my local storage on my Arlo Q plus? I doubt my MicroSD card failed. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

A.S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aa021812 wrote:

I only realized recently (albeit late) that the Arlo Q plus has been discontinued, but does local storage with the Arlo Q Plus still work if you don't have a subscription?

You can still use the microSD card without a subscription.  You need to remove the card and connect it to a PC to view the recordings (which has always been the case with the Q plus).  They never showed up in the app or PC browser.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@aa021812 wrote:

You can still use the microSD card without a subscription.  You need to remove the card and connect it to a PC to view the recordings (which has always been the case with the Q plus).  They never showed up in the app or PC browser.

aa021812
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation