Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Plus LED light regularly offline. It'll eventually resolve itself after a period of time.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
TandC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three (3) arlo Q Plus running POE, recently the cameras have completed a firmware update to v1.9.0.3_278.

Since the update,  the camera LED's regularly show offline (blue/orange) and when viewing via the app will show "Your Arlo device appears offline" . After a period of time The camera will resolve itself, LED showing BLUE and the camera back on the app. 

Post the firmware update the camera appear offline more than they are online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TandC
Aspirant
Aspirant

FIXED - Replaced the POE switch (TP Link TL-SG2210P) with Cisco Catalyst 2960 and the constant LED orange/blue to blue has gone.

Stable again!!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You say they're using PoE but are they using it for just power or for the Ethernet connection, too? This kinda sounds more like a WiFi issue.

Have you tried removing and reconnecting a camera?

TandC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Telstra NBN is my modem and wifi, but it shows connected via ethernet/POE

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Alternating blue/amber means an update is occurring:

https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

Check the version on your cameras against what's listed in the Firmware Release Notes section here.

TandC
Aspirant
Aspirant

The alternating blue/orange LED then comes back to blue LED, goes on all day & night

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TandC,

Have you tried removing the camera and re-adding it back on to see if that helps as jguerdat mentioned?

Mike123456789
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same issue with my Q (not Plus). It’s been fine for years, and suddenly it’s in a state where it’s offline more than online. The orange light blinks for ages, and eventually it connects and goes blue (and I can see video in the app). After a short while, it then switches to blue/orange (not blinking) and eventually repeats this cycle. How can I find out if the firmware recently got updated?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When it's online check the firmware version in the camera's settings. Compare that to what was last listed in the Firmware Release Notes section here for the camera.

Mike123456789
Tutor
Tutor

Turns out my issue was due to some strange wifi interference which only occurred when my laptop was asleep. This made troubleshooting challenging, because I would often wake up my laptop to login to my router to see if the camera was connected, and that would cause the issue to temporarily cease. Then, as soon as I put my laptop back to sleep, the camera would disconnect, making me think it was happening in an automatic loop.

Anyway, some combination of rebooting my laptop and removing/replugging the mouse's wireless adapter has caused the problem to go away. I work in tech and I admit this is very strange and hard to believe, but I reproduced it countless times. So apologies for pointing the finger at my Arlo!

Mike123456789
Tutor
Tutor
My issue came back, so it wasn’t due to the aforementioned interference. Still, it would always go away as soon as I turned my laptop on, and would come back as soon as I took my laptop off the network. I played around with some “professional” settings on my router (I disabled airtime fairness, disabled Bluetooth coexistence, and disabled 2.4ghz beamforming options) and now everything is working great. I assume those options got mistakenly toggled by a recent firmware update.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is that wireless mouse Bluetooth? Try turning off the BT on the laptop and remove the battery from the mouse.

TandC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have remove and re-added, issue only started once I added the third ArloQ + camera. Had two running indoors without a problem, added the third and ever since they are offline more than online. I have multiple Arlo Pro2 cameras and never had the issues I'm having now with the POE cameras. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've never run anything on PoE so have no insight. However, is it possible that the 3rd camera somehow exhausted the power capability of whatever device is supplying it? Have you tried using external power while still using the Ethernet connection or WiFi?

TandC
Aspirant
Aspirant

FIXED - Replaced the POE switch (TP Link TL-SG2210P) with Cisco Catalyst 2960 and the constant LED orange/blue to blue has gone.

Stable again!!

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation