Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone confirm "if Arlo camera needs to be plugged in" means that CVR won't work when using PoE?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZMM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm assessing CCTV systems for small business suitability.  Requirements include PoE to power cameras as there are not power sources available at the camera mount sites and the option to continuously record. I've been investigating the Q plus with CVR plan, however, in the literature for the CVR option I see the following, 'Arlo cameras must be plugged in to AC power to support CVR'.  Can someone confirm if this means that CVR won't work when using PoE. I tried calling the Arlo pre-sales line but gave up after holding for half an hour.

If the CVR doesn't work with PoE I'd be interested in hearing about people's experiences using motion detect in common areas with very frequent motion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras are always powered (no batteries) so CVR will work fine. It's not a choice of wall vs. PoE, it's just that they are continuously powered.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras are always powered (no batteries) so CVR will work fine. It's not a choice of wall vs. PoE, it's just that they are continuously powered.

ZMM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great, thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation