Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

reboot camera via application?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Foques
Aspirant
Aspirant

Folks,  how do I do the soft reset/reboot via application?

When I go to devices -> camera -> settings -> device info I have only the "remove device" option.

Two cameras stopped charging via solar, and I wonder if a reboot will save it. Really don't want to crawl 20+ feet into the air..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When connected to a base or hub, you have to reboot that, not the camera. If you really want to reboot the camera, you need to reinsert that camera battery.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When connected to a base or hub, you have to reboot that, not the camera. If you really want to reboot the camera, you need to reinsert that camera battery.

Foques
Aspirant
Aspirant

well, that's silly. 

Is the base restart restarting all connected devices?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically. The connection is re-made which possibly causes the camera to reboot - can't say for sure but I know it works.

Foques
Aspirant
Aspirant

not a fan of that, but I appreciate the info! have a good day

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Foques wrote:

well, that's silly. 

Agreed.  It should be possible to reboot any on-line Arlo camera from the app.  Unfortunately Arlo doesn't seem to get that.

That said, I always recommend putting the cameras somewhere that is reasonably accessible. Even with a solar panel, my cameras still need to be charged from time to time.  And there have been times when I've needed to do a factory reset a camera that went off-line.