Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"my_channel" in notification settings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
llcoolj
Aspirant
Aspirant
What is this? Where do these notifications go?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey llcoolj,

I've verified with the development team and "my_channel" is related to Two-Step Verification. Make sure you have this notification turned on in order to receive notifications about "Trusted Devices" if you have enabled Two-Step Verification. The development team will fix the naming for this in the upcoming updates. Thanks for mentioning about this!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea - mine doesn't show that. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. Is it possible that you have something else that may be causing this, maybe something like IFTTT/Homekit/etc.?

llcoolj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Interesting. No IFTT. But I do have it connected to my google home. Could that be it?
Anyone else with an arlo account connected with google home? Does this show for you? There is only 1 other thread I can find in the community forum that mentions "my_channel", and theres no answers on there
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey llcoolj,

I've verified with the development team and "my_channel" is related to Two-Step Verification. Make sure you have this notification turned on in order to receive notifications about "Trusted Devices" if you have enabled Two-Step Verification. The development team will fix the naming for this in the upcoming updates. Thanks for mentioning about this!

llcoolj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! That makes sense to me now. Glad it's normal