Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wind Noise

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wooshka
Guide
Guide

Hi Community

I know there have previously been posts about microphone sensitivity to wind and the subsequent triggering of recordings, however my issue is the direct impact of wind on the microphone and not being able to hear other audio due to the buffering noise it makes. I had an instance where 2 delivery guys were up to no good in my driveway when I was away - they were being recorded which is all good, but I could see them communicating to each other right in front of the camera but couldn't hear a word live or on the recording because wind hitting the microphone muffled any other sound. Is there any solution available to avoid this wind buffering without losing sound quality for other noises?

Thanks   

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

About all you can do is to position the camera where it's protected from the wind or to have the wind strike the camera from a different angle.  There may be some ability to use a small blocker of some sort attached to the camera or to maybe use a small piece of foam rubber similar to what you see on outdoor professional mics that can be attached to the camera over the mic without blocking the holes.  It'll take some experimentation to come up with a workable solution - just be aware that wind coming from a different direction may reintroduce the problem.