Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why are video recordings cut into multiple 15 seconds clips?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I have the Arlo Pro system which includes the 2 cameras and the Station. The system has been working wonderful and Im very happy. But I do have some problems with them. I have 2 cameras, an "Baby Camera" and an "Outdoor Camera". 

The problem I have is with the Outdoor camera. I notice that sometimes it records the entire activity until there's no motion. But there are many times that it only records the entire activity into multiple 15 sec clips. I don't know why its not consistent. I would like it to record the entire activity into 1 single video clip. Its really hard to keep track of 1 activity recorded into multiple 15 second clips. For the video mode setting, I do have to "Record until activity stops (300sec)" option selected.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As explained in other threads, the motion has to be detectable by the camera.  My tests have shown about 15 feet as a maximum distance for motion to be detected with how it's set up in my yard.  YMMV. The type of motion is important, too. Testing has shown that arm waving isn't nearly as effective as body movement.

If you want, share videos so we can see what's up.