Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB4000 Base Station and all cameras gone off line

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replaced NEC cable, cycled power, attempted Factory Reset twice, now one solid green and three solid amber LED, buy app does not find device.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't be 1 green and 3 amber since there's only 3 LEDs. WHich one is green? I suspect that's the power LED which is good. The second/middle LED being amber shows that the base is connected to the router but something in the router settings would seem to be blocking access to the Arlo servers. Is this your router or the ISP's? Try power cycling the router and then the base to see if that proves useful.

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I mis-typed... only the power led was green. The WiFi and Camera Sync LED remained amber. I have Verizon 5G service, which turned out to be the cause.  I rebooted the Verizon router twice to no avail, but then it apparently resolved after the third reboot.  I also have a spare (new) base unit which I used for trouble shooting. That unit showed both Power and WiFi LEDs as green, but the Sync LED remained amber.  I "removed" my original Base Station from the app, reverted back to the original Base unit, and then resynced all cameras. Now the system is back to normal.  Thanks again for your reply.  

Codygma2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Make sure you are actually connecting your Ethernet cord to your wireless router and not your modem (where your internet connects from the wall).  You can tell if you are not connecting through the wireless router if it does not a ask for a password.

Navicula
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Question: Would that also apply to a Verizon 5G box set up? i.e., only wireless to home, not cable service.  In any event, it’s working again with the NEC connected direct into the Verizon 5G box, just as it was before. I’m new to 5G service, but our area has experienced some flakey connectivity issues which we did not experience when we had conventional cable service.