Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to update fireware for base station - Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
FireRunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the regular Arlo camera system at my home for over a year and it works great.  Set was easy and everything runs smoothly.  I recently purchased a weekend home and I purchased the new Arlo Pro system.  However, when I set everything up the app dislays the following for each camera "A fireware update is required for your base station and camera.  Let's start with the base station.".  However, it refuses to update.  I see the message "Base station firmware updatings..." but nothing happens.  The base station does NOT update with new firmware.  See below for more information.

I have pushed the green fireware update button over 50 times.  Nothing happens.  The base station light will blink as if it's updating, but then it doesn't update.  The current firmware on the base station is 1.8.2_8880 and it shows there is an available update to 1.8.2.3_9907 (November 4, 2016).  However, regardless of how often I try to update it never updates.  This has been going on for four days.

I have tried EVERYTHING from uninstalling the system, rebotting, removing the entire camera package apart and reinstalling it.  Nothing works.  This is a four camera system and I cannot see the camers LIVE and because so I cannot mount them to use.  I have searched EVERYWHERE to see if someone has an issue updating the base station and I cannot find any articles related.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on?  My first Arlo system is 100% fine with no issues, I'm very frustrated this new Alro Pro system is not working.  Any assistance would be greatly helpful. 

8 REPLIES 8
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary
FireRunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have tried all those things.  I have tried updating the base station fireware through the web site and through the app.  I have restarted, unplugged, and done everything possible to the base station to try and get this thing to update.  Nothing changes.  Every single time I press the "update" button the green light on the base station blinks for about 15-20 seconds and returns to a solid green.  But, the error still shows there is a firmwre update for the base station.

Has anyone else seen or even read about this issue?  I've been working at this for over three days now and it's frustrating considering I have a fully working four camary Alro system at my main residence 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What Internet speeds do you have? It's been reported that slow Internet can cause a lack of firmware updating. Folks have taken the system to a location with faster connection and it's updated properly.
Maverick1890
Tutor
Tutor
I am experiencing the same issues and my connection ranges from 150 to 200 mbits so that can't be impacting the update.
Maverick1890
Tutor
Tutor
trying to resolve the problem of Base station update to 1.8.1.1_10234 (current ver 1.8.1_9169 BS / 1.2.7730 cameras) to have made numerous attempts to update my arlo (base station with 4 Arlo cameras) update the base station and cameras since 11/24 but to no avail. Repeated attempts with resets and 'opened battery doors' but system still is not able to update either. Anyone else experiencing this issue? My system is useless in regards to eating live video as the need for the update blocks access to that functionality. Thanks.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Maverick1890,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Edo2016
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the same unit yesterday and it's doing the same thing. Did everything I could think of and what other people are saying. Still doesn't work. I can view the camera through positions set up mode but not live mode. Keeps telling me firmware update. I've done it a dozen times and nothing works. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edo2016,

Some users have had issues completing the update due to poor internet speeds. Who is your ISP and what is your download/upload speeds?

JamesC