Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to see live stream sometimes. Need to close and re-open Arlo app to watch or restart camera.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Marthandk
Star
Star
Hi Arlo users,   I am having some challenge with my Arlo cameras. Some times one or other camera getting hang when i would like to see the live video. I need to close and reopen the App to see the live video or some time i need to restart the camera too. But camera will record the short videos continuously.  Do any one face similar issue is there anything i need to do.   Thanks, Marthand  
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That almost sounds like a phone or connection issue. WHat phone/OS/app version? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Have you tried both WiFi and cell service?

jcpainter69
Tutor
Tutor

Be glad that that still works! Now, for hours at a time, we get a "timed out" message evert time we try to livestream from any of our cameras. My experience has been that you get about 2 years of useful life out of this system, then it goes due south from there! We replaced our batteries, etc, etc...   

Marthandk
Star
Star

Hi, I am using Iphone and it is updated with latest version. Reboot and Re-install tested and the issue is same and also tested in Wifi and Mobile network.

Thanks,

Marthandk
Star
Star

So there is no solution for this issue and we dont know why it is happening.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Happens here too on Android.

Lately getting Alexa to show video isn't working either

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

So, live streaming works on my Ultra but not my Pro 2s, even going to the CVR timeline view will not show...

This is a PC at work.

My chromebook at home live streams fine.

The work PC will live stream the Pro 2s about once every 5 days for a few mins then freezes.