Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • My Arlo has been offline for a couple of hours. I have internet and the cameras were working fine before that.
95 REPLIES 95
ArlouserMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that Arlo may have blocked or ended support of VMB4000 base station and the Arlo pro cameras based on their EOL notice and could be why the base station is no longer able to reach or get connected to Arlo servers. So, this could be done on purpose. The EOL notice stated April 1st as EOL date, but also stated that the devices will continue to work for another year with support. I am not sure why we all got blocked earlier. This is just my thoughts. I do not know if this is the real reason for all of our base station failing. 

Luga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is still down…ARLO has been very hush hush about this. 

@Arlo what’s going on?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EOL has nothing to do  with base stations and does not brick/kill cameras. You just won't get updates for the cameras.

There seems to have been a problem communicating with the servers yesterday but some folks have reported it's working now. Is it?

vphan1004
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get my base ststion working again. I checked status.arlo.com and it did show there was an outage with live streaming servers which cause base stations to show offline. It's working now.

Thsii50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it did. I’ve had this system for 6years and this the third time I have hade this issue. I’m glad to hear it’s working again. 

Amcd1
Tutor
Tutor

Same thing! After unplugging, resetting, unplugging router, removing my base station which then removed all my cameras ughhh, nothing. Then was saying it needed firmware update but was offline and wouldn’t connect but all theee lights green. Finally after hours of fighting with it, it connected so I tried to add all my cameras back and they won’t connect to my base! Thanks arlo for wasting my entire evening after work until dark! After trying to add a camera it just spins for 5 minutes. Climb back on ladder, remove camera, remove battery, press sync or don’t press sync (either way sucks) and NOTHING. So frustrating. Next day and still saying “getting information” on the app about base station. What is the deal? I hate arlo. 

PVtoFW
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station is working now. I had to hard reset again, but it updated the firmware and I'm adding my cameras back on. What a hassle. Glad it's working though,

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Thank you all for the feedback regarding some devices appearing offline. This issue should now be resolved.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback, this issue should now be resolved.

terrafirma2hip
Initiate
Initiate

I reset my device and removed all my camera's and now it doesn't find the camera's when trying to re-add them.

Please help

George_007
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you already tried updating your Arlo app?  You also may have to reset your base station to factory default but of course, this means re-adding your cameras to your base station. 
I did both and my Arlo Pro 2 is back in business. 

Luga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is now up and running but it wasn’t me or you, it was Arlo’s

problem in my case is that this is the second time in less than a year, both times i had to delete everything and do a factory reset and reinstall.

shame on Arlo for not being transparent to all of us

juniordelor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried adding my 3 cameras with no luck. How did you add yours after you reset the base hub? Thank you for any info you may provide.

PVtoFW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once I saw others say they were back online, I had to hard reset again (30 seconds) until all the lights went crazy orange. I removed it on the app, then added it back in and the firmware update finally took during the process. Then I was able to one-by-one add cameras back on. Which (fun fact) didn't need to push the sync button on top of the station anymore. I was able to walk around and add each camera from their mounts. Hope that works.

juniordelor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much I got it to work! I almost gave it and by new camera

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I generally find it is best to give arlo 24hrs to resolve something that’s major.

it is quite easy, given the repeated resolution to reboot, delete, remove, readd everything, to make more work for yourself as you try to flog a dead horse.

obrienkro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did the issue get resolved in 4 hours? I submitted a ticket and still awaiting solution; VMB4000 online but can't re-add cameras.

obrienkro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, but while base station was reset and finally re-added, now unable to add pro and essential cameras, they timeout during synchronization. Were you able to re-add cameras?

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. It was a very slow process. Probably because Arlo didn't correct the problem until next day.

Currently I'm have the same issue again so wondering if Arlo is working on the servers again.

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo base, cameras, and app seem to be working correctly now. We'll see if they pick up the UPS truck and driver at 10 ft tomorrow with sensitivity set at norm of 80! 

obrienkro
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras were reporting but the base station was not responding to the app. After resetting the station, it finally came back up, but unable to connect the camera’s back. Had I not performed the troubleshooting process I would likely be back in business.