Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • My Arlo has been offline for a couple of hours. I have internet and the cameras were working fine before that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Thank you all for the feedback regarding some devices appearing offline. This issue should now be resolved.

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95
Jcoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello. My phone app shows both base stations are offline yet my email continues to send real time motion alerts. I have two separate internet providers and have deleted and re opened the phone app. In addition I have disconnected the base and re started it. App still shows both base stations offline. Any advice out there? Thanks in advance

nebj00la
Tutor
Tutor

There appears to be an Arlo outage, as I have the same problem. The cameras show up in HomeKit, so it's not a problem with the cameras.

nebj00la
Tutor
Tutor

There appears to be an Arlo outage, as I have the same problem. The cameras show up in HomeKit, so it's not a problem with the cameras.

Glenda123
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same isuue

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice

All of a sudden my cameras no longer have live view.  Says my cameras are offline but they are still recording, still getting notifications.  All icons in the APP are greyed out except wifi.  My internet is working.  Base station all connected.  Could they have somehow become unsynced?

When I do the "check system dtatus", it says all is good.

Ajdnh
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to have been an issue in 2017. My app says cameras appear offline. The three lights on the base are green and  the cameras still record but I can’t see the battery status or access live view. The posts from 2017 seem to think it was a netgear issue back then and says resolved but there doesn’t actually give a solution. Could this be a netgear issue again? Thanks. 

DeArlo
Star
Star

Same here.  Thank goodness it’s not just my system.   No more thumbnails, just an offline message with updated recordings.  The arlo status says,”live streaming”  is “all good,“ but that is not the case.

TMF
Initiate
Initiate

Even though camera and base all connect to wifi/ network just fine app reports as all offline and won’t livestream.  Cameras still saving to Library with motion activation despite no live access to them.  Base and home network router have been rebooted and all are connected and working despite app reporting as offline. 

Tray502
Aspirant
Aspirant

I updated my app and now I can’t see live feeds on any of my cameras. It says the base station is off-line and I have reset it and it is definitely online. It is still showing active recordings in my feed. It just won’t let me look at anything live. 
HELP!!!!

Airrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact issue. FWIW - Mine went offline when I clicked the “Arm All Devices” button ~5PM EST). The new s/w release likely has more bugs or their servers are down.  All par for the course with Arlo. 

Jomo4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.  Base station offline, I restarted and reset before I saw this thread.  
Is there any update ?   Has anything come back on line for those who lost service this afternoon? 

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base shows it has good internet connection. The cameras are recording because when I start the app, it shows image of recording like it always does. Then the app is trying to access cameras, I get the never ending circle for each camera followed by "your device appears to be offline" error message.

So I figured the problem has to be on Arlo's end...either in the app or server.

lak7425
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here

Djwil
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. Updated software on iPhone and now it says all offline. Although my base station shows positive green lights. 

ArlouserMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello community and Arlo support, 

My Arlo base station VMB4000 went offline today out of the blue. The cameras are connected, the internet is connected and all three led's are green. However, my app is not able to find it as it shows it as offline. Somehow, the camera is still picking up and my library gets updated with new feed when there is motion. I cannot live view any camera. I followed some of the user's who had same issues to recover via [1] a hard reset via holding the reset button 30 seconds and then another soft reset after holding the reset for 10 seconds [2] then removed and re-added the base station on the app. The app is then able to find the base station, but during the process fails to find any firmware updates. I select "try again later" and proceed and when I try to add the cameras back, the app says that "Your base station is off-line". Currently my power and internet LEDs are green. But the camera LED is blank as all previous configuration has been removed with hard reset. Please help recover. 

CorNotch
Tutor
Tutor

the status.arlo.com website that is suppose to inform us Alro users of an issue is crap.  What is the point of having the status site when their tech team is hours behind posting an update.  Cameras have been offline since 4:30pm eastern time and their status.arlo.com says everything is all good.  Arlo, you guys need to step it up on your back end to compete with your competitors.  Simple things like good communication to your users goes along way.

CorNotch
Tutor
Tutor

So much for status.arlo.com keeping us updated.  Says no issues for hours now when there clearly is.

Luga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all, SmartHub is offline. I have troubleshooted and done everything possible but base station continues offline.

is anyone else having the same issue?

lonniemcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I do not get a "Restart" option, only the "Remove" option.

The_R
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today when moving a camera, the base went offline. I'm tried resetting it with different ethernet cords, and nada. I removed it from the account, reset, etc, and it will allow me to place it back into the account, but for some reason, it is attempting to do a firmware update and continues to fail.  Wifi signals are strong router is working excellently. But it's this one hiccup. 

Has corporate decided not to allow the VMB3500 to be readded and receive its last update once you reset it? 

TerryHoss
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same thing here. All three light on the base are normal and I can access the cameras with my i-phone but not my computer.

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here.  The cameras are recording because I keep getting notifications.  I still have access to the videos online, but I can't access the base unit to change modes or disable.  I unplugged it, waited 30 minutes then plugged it back in, but that didn't matter.

As soon as I log in, before my cameras say they're offline, I can start them and they're live, but as soon as I change pages and come back, they all report that the base unit is offline.

It'd be nice if status.arlo.com had a valid status, but what can we expect?  Competence?

Sleezer1533
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning I went out to the barn to do some work.

Opened the app like normal and turned the interior camera off so I didn't get notifications all day.

At the end of the day, I went to the app to turn the camera back on but the app shows all 4 of my cameras as offline and the base station offline as well.

However, all cameras are working fine on my wife's phone.

Base station shows all leds as green 

Tries restarting my modem, router, power cycled the base station, Uninstaller and reinstalled the app ... nothing.

Bob1972
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo is offline as well.  Spent 2 hours on chat with Arlo and no luck.  Tried everything.  Anyone else have the same issue?