Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still having issues with arlo pro cameras not detecting motion and recording regardless of being set to 100% sensitivity. The only way anything is recorded to cloud is if I manually record it.

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Does the camera motion detection test work, if not try pulling the camera battery for 10sec to reset it and test again.

confirm the base operating mode’s camera rule exists and check the motion sensitivity setting within is set correctly.

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pulled batteries but ended up not putting them back in until just now. Still ZERO sensitivity for ALL 5 cameras.

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changed sensitivity to 100% via Arlo app prior to testing. Because this happened suddenly to all 5 cameras at once and the cameras and base have worked perfectly until Arlos EOL Christmas surprise, I really believe the problem is outside my system and not in my internet service provider or router.

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have serious issue with a person residing across the street who is responsible for arson, stalking, bullying, destruction of property, trespassing, and theft in our neighborhood that had rare incidents prior to the "family" who moved in across the street. The guardian is a felon (murder) of now 16 & 17 yr young men. The 16 year has no supervision and do whatever he wants to do.

I hate to replace my entire system with another brand because our arlo remained live and recording when the 16 yr old, 13 at the time of incident stole the camera from our property. The responding deputy was able to view live video and heard guardian and 13 yr old discussing where to hide the camera.

We have a serious problem and we're happy to spend big $ with Arlo to upgrade but not if these problems are on Arlo's end.

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tested cameras indoors. The base and router are within 6 feet of cameras. I went through the sync process again with cameras and base. 

NONE of the cameras detect motion regardless of sensitivity setting. They will only record if manually set to do so. And the videos are showing up in the library.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Is the base station mode set to armed?

can you edit the mode and confirm that it has the camera rules for the five cameras and edit each rule to check the camera motion  triggering sensitivity is 80%, motion triggering sensitivity is set within the camera rules.

The sensitivity setting in the camera settings menu  is part of the testing for camera placement setup.

If you enable the motion test in the camera settings menu you should a amber led on the camera flash with motion.

jandmmichels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turned on system an hour ago. The base is next to router. All 5 cams are 8 ft away from base. Waited for base to reflect internet connection and noticed immediately that it was communicating at higher level than previous. Checked to make sure all cams were armed, not manually "disabled", and motion detection set to highest sensitivity (100%). Tested each cam and each detected motion, recorded, and the recording was in the library.

The lag time between recording ending and being dropped into library seemed a bit long.

I will check it again during normal daylight conditions outside since that is their normal situation and is the most important.

If the cams are not able to detect a large UPS truck pulling up and parking at 10-15 ft and the UPS guy walking up to the front door at 6 - 10 ft, I still have a problem.

The odd thing is that I didn't start having issues until this year. Our wifi router signal is strong. The arlo camera was continually recording and communicating for several hours to the base from inside the neighbor's house across the street when it was stolen! 

In the past the arlo cams had no problem operating (communicating with base & motion detection) 35-40 feet from base. I realize that Arlo doesn't promise that now but when I first got Arlos, they were amazing!

Thank you for your help! 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I note that you mentioned the Base was located next to the router. Arlo’s recommendation is to be at least 6ft apart to minimise interference between them. 

The motion detection range for the camera is 25ft line of sight but will detect larger object further away. The subjects are better detected if they move across the camera’s field of view rather than towards.

since you have noticed that the performance had changed, the other possibility is that another wifi device using the same wifi channel is causing the issue. Have you added anything wifi related around the time it started?