Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have Arlo pro, the new wires are not charging the new batteries

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Afatasi
Follower
Follower

I have Arlo pro, the batteries no longer charge so I bought 2 new batteries. The new batteries arrived in a box that says "Arlo Pro And Arlo Pro 2" So I put the new batteries in my cameras and used the new charging wires and wall socket. The cameras don't charge. When I use the old wires and wall socket, only then the batteries charge, which is an inconvenience because I have FIVE cameras and can only charge two at a time! Why can't the new wires, and wall socket charge the Arlo Pro? They shouldn't have sold me "Arlo Pro and Arlo 2" wires if it can't charge the Arlo Pro battery, just sell me what I asked for which is Arlo Pro. Any suggestions on why this new wire and wall socket doesn't work on my Arlo Pro?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Afatasi wrote:

I have Arlo pro, the batteries no longer charge so I bought 2 new batteries. 

Are these third-party batteries?  Or did you purchase them from Arlo?

Did you try the new cables with the old charger?  If you did, does that charge correctly?

The Pro needs a charger that supports Qualcomm's quickcharge tech

It's possible that a third-party package might not have provided one.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes... tho the battery used in both Pro and Pro2 are the same, the charging method is different as mentioned.

the Pro requires a qualcomm type charger that supplies 5 and 9 v.

Almost all of the Pro2' s will charge on just 5v ( there were only a few at very beginning that needed dual voltages )

The wall charge unit should have the output voltages listed on it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomMac wrote:

The wall charge unit should have the output voltages listed on it.

Yes, but just including 9 volts isn't enough.  It needs to support quickcharge (and not just standard USB power delivery).  

Sometimes you'll see this logo on the charger (often next to the quickcharge port on a multiport charger):

qc.png