Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Corpsman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had an Arlo system with five cameras for 6 years now. It appears that their senstiviness to motion has gone down. Is there a way to improve the senstvitiness to

motion? If not does Arlo off a costomer loyality program where i can trade in my arlo system for a newer one?

11 REPLIES 11
AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

You didn't explicitly state this so I'll ask.  Have you gone into Mode and checked / changed the motion sensitivity settings on your cameras?  Are they all at 100%?

Corpsman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo pro does not have motion sensitivity settings. I looked at all settings. Does exist on the original Arlo pro ( as I said Ive had it for 6 yrs.

Bearhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I apologize I meant to say Arlo Mode only has "UNARMED, DISARMED, and SCHEDULE" I am using version 4.6.2.  there is nothing for sensitivity. 

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Corpsman& @Bearhouse (I assume you're the same person since you've posted the exact same issue under different names, and are even responding in the same way).

Yes, there are sensitivity settings.  I don't know if you're accessing this on a browser or mobile device, but under mode, click on the ">" on the right side of whatever mode you're trying to access, i.e. Armed (Or click on the [Add a mode] button on the bottom to create your own.   (i.e. I created one for Rainy/Windy and reduced the sensitivity.)

In there are the rules.  Click on Edit, select 'Motion is detected' or 'Audio is detected' to enable each setting.  Then click on the ">" to set the sensitivity. 

If you have had these for 6 years (I've had mine for 5), the location of those settings has changed from where they used to be, but they've always been there.

(On mobile, the ">" is a pencil icon.)

Bearhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry you are wrong. Here is a screen shot of Mode

Bearhouse_0-1690681734519.png

As you can see no arrows except for Schedule. Oh this is using the web.

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not wrong and your screenshot didn't upload.  You need to log in under your main account, not an alt account that you set up and gave permissions to.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bearhouse wrote:

As you can see no arrows except for Schedule. Oh this is using the web.

Are you using a "friend" account or the primary account?

FWIW, I see the > next to Armed when I go the modes screen. Plus an "add mode" control at the bottom.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac_0-1690806569885.png

This is a Pro;

I go to Devices, then the camera, then click on the tool gear then Default Mode Settings.... above pops up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

I love it when people get the help they've asked for, but can't be bothered to come back and thank those who helped...

Bearhouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everyone was informing me how to fix the issue, but only one person informed me that I had to be in the PRIMARY account. When you give instructions never assume anything. Secondary accounts do not have sensitiy settings. For the one that informed me thank you. 

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Two of us told you about the account, and from the beginning we were asking you questions to get more information, so we didn't assume.  We inquired.

Nevertheless, thank you for coming back and thanking those who were able to help.