Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing missing from app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
marciac10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've used geofencing for several years with my Arlo Pro Cameras with several iPhones.  I got the new iPhone XS Max and was checking the mode settings for my cameras as I noticed no recording activity for several days.  When I logged in and went to the mode view, geofencing was checked.  I wanted to check the schedule also so I went to that option and the geofencing option disappeared in mode view on my Arlo app, I mean literally disappeared as the moment I unchecked the box,  and now I can no longer use that option. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, restarted my phone, checked the geofencing settings.  I also have Arlo Pro 2 cameras and they have the geofencing options (under my husband's account and with his iPhone XS Max) and as they are shared, when I leave the house they go into away mode, so those are working with my phone.  

So as of now if I leave home and want my Arlo Pro cameras to be armed, I have to manually set them.  Is there anyway to get the geofencing option to show back up on my iPhone app as one of the Mode settings? Right now I have only three options: Armed, Disarmed, and Schedule.  No Geofencing as a fourth option like I used to have. I have the lastest Arlo app update (2.6.3).

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @marciac10,

What iOS version are you running on your phone? And could you show a screenshot where the Geofencing is showing missing?

marciac10
Aspirant
Aspirant

My iOS is 12.1.Mode view on iOs AppMode view on iOs App

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the screenshot and info. Have you tried reinstalling the app and rebooting your iPhone?

marciac10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I mentioned that in my original comment.  I have deleted the app, rebooted my phone, and reinstalled the app several times.  I have checked my phones geofencing settings but they are working for other apps so that is not a problem. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you check to see if there is geofencing option available on your husband's Phone for the Arlo Pro? Try to also check on the web version if you do see it. If you are able to see it there, try to log out of the app and uninstall it. Then enable the geofencing through the web or your husband's iPhone and save. Then try to download the Arlo app again (after restarting your iPhone) and see if that helps.

marciac10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is what I have done:

1. Logged into my Arlo account on my computer.  Saw the geofencing option listed but you cannot click on that from the computer (as it states on the web page).

2. Logged into my Arlo account on my iPad and saw the geofencing option and clicked it.   I then uninstalled the app on my phone, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app on my phone.  No geogencing option is on my phone.

3.  My husband opened the app on his phone in his login.  He doesn't see the geofencing option for my cameras, only for his (I see his geofencing option for his cameras on my phone, too but not mine).  He logs out and logs into his app with my account and does not see a geofencing option for my cameras.

4.  He logs into his Arlo app on his iPad with his account first: no geofencing option for my cameras, only for his.  He logs out and logs in with my account: no geofencing options.

So I have geofencing options only on my iPad Pro (latest model): iOS 12.1  but not on my iPhone (iOS 12.1).  Reinstalling the app makes no difference, restarting the phone makes no difference.  Location services are working as my iPhone has alerted me several times that the Arlo app is accessing my location while I'm not using the app and the geofencing for my husband's phones (which use my location as well as his) works well.    

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for this detailed info. Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps yourself, let me reach out to you on private message to create a case for you so our support team can further help you.