Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant failure. Batteries do not last more than a couple of days.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JPollett
Follower
Follower

Cameras fail daily. Batteries do not last more than a couple of days.  Have 8 and daily at least 3 go offline. Any solutions other than returning them and cancelling service?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JPollett wrote:

Cameras fail daily. Batteries do not last more than a couple of days.  Have 8 and daily at least 3 go offline. Any solutions other than returning them and cancelling service?

Can you let us know what camera model(s) that you have?

About how many minutes of recording are you getting per day on the problem cameras?  Note that if you use activity zones, you need to remove them to figure this out.

sel1005
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's Arlo, poor quality after a year old or so. I have multiple cameras that each get about 10-12 hits a day. Ultra batteries last about 3-4 days.  Do the math:  a 15 sec video takes up about 2-3% of the battery. Maybe Arlo designed these to keep people climbing on ladders and exercising, but we can't even take a trip without the security of our home failing before we get home. NOT HAPPY

Skiwi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 11 cameras with 4 now failing with battery issues after 3 years despite being plugged in 24/7.

Unless I can troubleshoot them I will be cancelling my subscription and changing ecosystem to something that last longer.

I generally like the product, but Im over the continual battery issues

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@sel1005 wrote:

It's Arlo, poor quality after a year old or so. I have multiple cameras that each get about 10-12 hits a day. Ultra batteries last about 3-4 days.  Do the math:  a 15 sec video takes up about 2-3% of the battery. Maybe Arlo designed these to keep people climbing on ladders and exercising, but we can't even take a trip without the security of our home failing before we get home. NOT HAPPY

Do any work well? If so, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. Otherwise, bring a camera closer to your hub to monitor battery life. If it's significantly better, there's something about the location and/or signal strength/quality that causing the cameras to struggle to maintain a connection. House construction (brick, stone and stucco are known issues), things on/in the walls in a straight line between the camera and hub, nearby wireless devices, etc. can all get in there to cause connection issues.