Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot stream on my PC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dman413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I lost the ability to stream live on my PC. I can stream on my iPhone. I have tried different browsers, I have been on different WiFi networks and I have tried with different laptops. Nothing has changed on my router so it's not a port problem. I have never had a problem streaming from my PC until 2 weeks ago. I have read all of the trouble shooting articles and all the community answers. I have rebooted the base station as well. I have tried CHAT and that went nowhere. They have made it impossible to talk to anyone on the phone. Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Unless you quality for arlo customer support by either purchasing a subscription plan or still within the equipment warranty you will not have direct contact with a arlo customer support person.

You can check your support options by using the arlo mobile app, choosing settings/support/deviceand scroll to bottom.

It is possible that a Microsoft update has caused the issue to prevent playback, it is also possible that arlo has changed something in the arlo website app since there are multiple users reporting similar issues recently.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dman413 wrote:

Recently I lost the ability to stream live on my PC. I can stream on my iPhone. I have tried different browsers, I have been on different WiFi networks and I have tried with different laptops. 

Can you give a few more details?

• Are you still able to log into your account on my.arlo.com from the PC?
  • If so, what happens when you try to live stream the cameras?
  • What OS is running on the laptops?
  • Have you tried disabling any internet security software on the laptops?
dman413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I have a subscription plan. I was able to talk to them and we spent over an hour and a half on the phone with no resolution. 😞 They said they will email back. 

dman413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I login with no problem and when I try to stream it times out. 

Running Windows 10 Pro

Yes, disabled security 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dman413 wrote:

Thank you. I login with no problem and when I try to stream it times out. 

Running Windows 10 Pro

Yes, disabled security 

And this is with the Pro camera?  Not the Pro 3, Pro 4, or Pro 5s?

dman413
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes the Pro Camera

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dman413 wrote:

Yes the Pro Camera

I am guessing that viewing recordings on the PC works - let me know if that is the case.

Did you try rebooting the router, base, and PC?  Maybe while you are at it, also remove and reinsert the battery on one of the cameras.

dman413
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can view the recordings

Yep rebooted the base and PC's

Tried battery--no dice. 

No word back from Arlo either. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dman413 wrote:

No word back from Arlo either. 

Access to support requires a subscription, and might not get you very far with the Pro, since it is now end-of-life (note the Pro 2 is not yet EoL).

I'd reboot the network next (powering down the router, PCs, and arlo base, then power up the router first).

One other thing you could try is removing the cameras and base from your account, and then adding them back.  That sometimes "cures" odd problems.