Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot see devices friend accepted invite. Upgraded to 4.12

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Herberje
Aspirant
Aspirant

After upgrading to 4.12, I was no longer able to share devices from my account. I have an iPhone 12 and my friend's phone is an iPhone 8. the app interfaces look totally different but neither has the ability to see the others account even though and invite was accepted. I get notifications on the iPhone 12 but no devices show up. I have searched the community but have not seen an answer that will work. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Herberje wrote:

After upgrading to 4.12, I was no longer able to share devices from my account. I have an iPhone 12 and my friend's phone is an iPhone 8. the app interfaces look totally different but neither has the ability to see the others account even though and invite was accepted. I get notifications on the iPhone 12 but no devices show up. 

Does your app show "Feed" and "Dashboard"?  Or does it show "Library" instead?  Similarly, what does the friend's phone show?

In order to see the cameras, both apps need to use the same interface.  You can migrate from "Library" to  "Feed", but you cannot migrate from "Feed" to "Library".  There are some limitations with "Feed" - the biggest being that there are no custom modes.

The trick to force migration to "Feed" is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera. You don't need to own one!  While you can't add a camera you don't have, the workflow will migrate your account to "Feed" before you get stuck.

Note that the "Friend" account will end up seeing two "Home" locations, which is confusing.  It's best to rename one.

Herberje
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account show Feed on iPhone 12 and on my laptop. My Friend is still showing Library on iPhone 8 and her computer. Both iPhones have the latest app firmware but as I stated, they have different interfaces. I will try your suggestion. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Herberje wrote:

Both iPhones have the latest app firmware but as I stated, they have different interfaces. 

Yes.  The current app supports both interfaces.  But there is no configuration setting to let you choose the one you want.  However, the "add device" hack will force the migration to "Feed".

Herberje
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. This worked, but I only get notifications for one of the accounts. I will search the community to see if there is a resolution.