Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras stopped sending email alerts for battery and motion detection - Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sooner70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro Base Station with 5 Pro cameras.

Base Station:  VMB4000r3

Firmware:   1.21.1.0_4300_898b168

Orbi mesh wifi

My system stopped sending email alerts and battery level alerts two weeks ago, however my wife occasionally receives them but now that has stopped.  The cameras record and send notifications to iPhone, iPad and Mack Book Pro but no longer get email alerts.  I've read through all the previous cases and there doesn't seem to be a fix for this.  I have tried resetting the base station, unplugging the base station, checked all the email alert settings for each camera, checked my Junk folder, checked my blocked email list, added   the alert email address to my address book and nothing changes.  This system has worked fine since Jan 2019.  Are there any other solutions that work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Someone recently posted a similar issue where arlo had made an adjustment. 

chengbyarmbar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently ran into the same problem. Removed base from the app then did a hard reset. I held the button down for at least a minute. I had previously held down for about 15 seconds to reboot it which didn't work. But after the long hold it was detected by the app and I was able to set everything up. It is running normally now. Hope this helps. 

Sooner70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion.  I followed your steps and did the factory reset on the base station, removed the base station from the app and then added it back.  The base station didn't have any needed firmware updates.  I sync'd all my cameras and got them working.  I then set up my modes with alerts and email addresses.  Unfortunately, still no email notifications.  I get the alerts and the cameras record but no emails.

I checked that my address was correct in the Profile setting.  I'm pretty sure that Yahoo isn't blocking my email from Arlo as I've gotten some codes and emails about paid tech support.   Any other ideas??

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
Sooner70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.